Buyers home owner insurance wants to sue me

This is why I don’t do inspections.
If the repair needed, like broken glass in a window for instance, I tell my client that they can see that. they don’t need me.
If it is a major repair, one which according tot he recommendation in the report, is “required to be repaired by a licensed contractor, with proper permitting when required”, again, call the guy who did the repair. You don’t need me.

The sellers had the repairs made and they were correct. I found out that the buyers had more structural issues to arise after the purchase, the buyers decided to file this on there insurance, there insurance asked for the inspection report and have now told the buyers that they can pay for “now needed repairs” but will in turn sue me for the money they have to spend for structural repairs. Has anyone had any dealings with a issue like this and curious is this even possible?

Who determined the repairs were “correct”? If it was you, you had better have the proper credentials to make that judgement. If not, you are up the proverbial shi*ts creek without a paddle, should this go to court.