–Can buyers/sellers refute radon results if the radon tester is not certified or properly certified?–
Yes, a buyer/seller can refute anything but how likely will their attempt to refute the results succeed if:
- They are not certified?
- Have InterNachi certification? (This certification is training only and does not mandate device policy & procedures [or tracking thereof], independent proctored industry testing, continuing education [or tracking thereof] nor unique radon industry code of ethics).
- They are testing with Charcoal canisters? (easy to manipulate the test results)
- The are using a unapproved NRPP or NRSB radon monitor?
- They are using an approved NRPP or NRSB approved monitor but it has not been calibrated?
- They are an EPA recognized certified radon professional (NRPP & NRSB only) but have not performed a ‘duplicate’ test in the past 10 tests?
- They are an EPA recognized certified radon professional (NRPP & NRSB only) but they did not place the device(s) according to AARST (EPA guidance) protocol?