Buying any material lately

Went to visit a project near me that my old employer just started. The supervisor told me that they had just delivered the Advantech subflooring. The bill was $17,000 dollars for this building.
$100 a sheet for 23/32.

1 Like

Better put a guard on the site at nights!

Don’t know how well known this is, but Weyerhaeuser posted a Q1 2020 quarterly profit of $290 million. Q1 2021 that number was $681 million.

The project is fenced in and gated.

At those prices, they better have an armed guard…LOL!

1 Like

Fork lift right there to load it to. All JCB keys fit those machines. LOL

1 Like

And they increased the trespass fee for my hunting permit on their land this year. Bastards! Weird economy where especially lumber prices are so inflated, yet people still keep on building.

With lumber prices up by 300%, it makes you wonder where the hell people are getting their money to do anything in building.
I just don’t get it.

1 Like

I’ve seen many lake homes in my area sell between $1.8m to $2.5m cash…and wonder the same.

1 Like

Part of it seems like some people are dead set on relocating, but if they’re leaving places like CA where the home values are so high… who’s buying what they leave behind? Strange days, indeed.

$116 a sheet here for subfloor. Price to build a spec house around here is $160per sf. With the prices of houses at an all time high here you can still make a buck. I’m looking at building a few if I can find some decent priced lots.

1 Like

I read an article, wish I had saved it. Average cost to “Build” (not buy) a home is up $36K nationally. Of course that number jumps with scale.

The manufacturers listed as defendants are Weyerhaeser Company, West Frasser, Canfor, Georgia-Pacific, Sierra Pacific Industries, Interfor, Hampton Affiliates, Idaho Forest Group, Potlatch Deltic, and RSG Forest Products.

1 Like

Price fixing douchebag defendants… :roll_eyes:

It is all about the big dollar!

1 Like

Yea… I have a double lot in Bastrop, TX (just east of Austin). Been holding on to it and with the current RE situation, I figured was time to build a house and each lot and cash out, but price/sf to build has gone up almost $40 just due to timber costs. That pretty much would take out the profit, as cost to build would be right on par with the market price of the homes. Ugh…

1 Like