Bye bye My Safe Home program.

The old form was not 50% of elevation… it was 50% of any major wall length, which is different. I had a client go from other last year to hip this year on a 1.5 million replacement cost premium- big $$$. Also, this is like the 5th form… why all the fuss? They are planning a new one for next year… The new forms, changes, and reinspections all generate more work. I recommend staying current with any and all training updates. I have completed york and nachi, both good- neither perfect, as there are still grey areas within the industry.

I ditto what Greg has stated.

Bill Yorks class has been submitted, but he does not have any idea when (and if) it will be approved. Also, State Licensed Home Inspectors are not qualified to take part in the Citizens re-inspections. One InterNACHI member has stated on the message board that he was told by OIR (Dept of Fin. Services) that he could sign Wind Mits now as a Home Inspector by checking the box marked “Other individual or entity recognized by ----”. I have not confirmed this information to be true as of yet.

This is from a memo sent out by the OIR. As I understand it this will be added to the form when they add home inspectors. This will also affect contractors.

Before accepting any uniform mitigation verification form provided by an authorized mitigation inspector, an insurer at its own expense, may require verification by an independent inspector, inspection company, or a third-party quality assurance provider, before accepting a form as valid.

Which was defined as elevation in a update to the MSFH program.

Apart from State Farm it has been that way for over a year.

Did you catch Bill york’s comments about msfh not intended for 1802 purposes?

Which is why Inachi should be an approved third party quality assurance provider. We can audit eachother!

Yes sir I did and I understand where you are coming from. But at the time it was the source that most inspectors and insurers used. I am not aware of any other source of info that was available at that time. It was good enough for 400,000 1802 forms supplied by the state.

Not so fast…

Mr. Rowan is already on the inside and will stop Home Inspectors from gaining any foothold into the Florida Wind Mitigation business.

Mr. Rowan will be controlling this third-party quality assurance provider, the homeowner will be forced to wait up to 6-months for the NACHI inspector audit or if he would like pay yet another fee to Mr. Rowan’s quality assurance provider.

Thus assuring Mr. Rowan will in fact control the wind mitigation market in Florida.

Bill York’s class is worth taking even if it isn’t approved. It will teach you everything that the auditor will be checking when he reviews your work. There were many QA people in the class yesterday.

Now there re-inspecting 400,000 homes, coincedence?

Oh, that has been in play for awhile.

Not really the form has changed and so as the way the insurance companies would like certain items reported on. As we found out yesterday some items have changed yet again.

I just completed the NACHI course. It is very similar to the class I attended yesterday (many of the photos were the same). There are just a few things that need to be changed. It should be very easy to get this course approved with some minor changes.

Should be even easier to create a better test than the one we took yesterday too.

What do you mean by better?
easier, more difficult or more comphrehensive?

Generally, to me a better test almost always means easier, as I like to keep things simple and within my capacity.

Quite a few ambiguous questions that could be made more clearer.

I do agree with that, some of the working could have been improved. There is no room for ambiguity when you can only miss 8 of 80 questions to pass. I’m certain that a few people will have to retake yorks exam due to not scoring the 90% needed.

I would have a hard time believing any SkyTech employees didn’t pass the exam… Nudge, nudge, wink, wink. :wink:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060727203016/uncyclopedia/images/1/11/Nudge1.jpg

Are you implying that politics have something to do with it? What would the incentive be for impartial scoring of the exam?
I don’t think there is any valid reasoning behind such a statement – sounds like sour grapes to me.
Learn the material, and pass the exam. Don’t cry foul play here unless you can substantiate your comments. I for one am glad that there is a comprehensive up to date class such as Yorks available. Apparently you thought the same since you enrolled in the class. I will go out on a limb here and assume you did not fare well on the exam. If that is the case, i can symphasize with your frustration, but please keep these derogatory statements in check with reality.