Cables Running Behind Wall Plates

Not so, Jim, and by analogy, while people may disagree exactly when day ends and night begins, no one doubts there is a distinction between the two.

#1) NACHI SOP is not checking for “Code” compliance and during NACHI Training we are highly discouraged to not use the word Code in reports as this may imply we are checking per code for everything if you get pulled into a legal battle for some reason. Codes vary from home to home depending on the City, Which Version for that particular house and what variances and AHJ rulings etc.
#2) I follow NACHI SOP in link below. This is NOT included in what Inspector is to inspect and it is Excluded in section on what Inspector is NOT to inspect.
#3) If you want to include items beyond the SOP, I recommend you either do them as verbal comments to Client only stating its a courtesy and beyond SOP. If you regularly do something beyond standards, I would include that in a revised SOP that goes in your Purchase Agreement for Services and put it as a marketing point just like swimming pools and sprinklers for example

I agree, you can’t get more ambiguous and therefore unenforceable than neat and workman like.

As for the electrical code, Robert, IAEI and the NFPA must have included “neat and workmanlike” as a joke, right, reasoning that experts in the field cannot judge between neat and workmanlike and its opposite.