CAHPI doesn't approved NACHI as a training provider

Welcome Back Bill we have missed your** pleading** on the NACHI site .
Glad to see you are now allowed to post on the OAHI Site .
Glad to see you are returning the favor and standing up for Claude like he does for you .
Now Bill why do we all not see what we can do to help all Canadian Homies to improve our industry .
I still say our Canadian Industry leaders who are teaching/selling , need to be at arms length from any association Management .
You did this for years and now support those who are still doing it .
Sad to say that is still happening .
Please show us Bill what did I make up
For your Information I am sure you know NICK started and is in Control of NACHI .
If you do not like it I am sorry for you and wonder why you keep returning to see what is happening in our Industry.
You had a great forum but closed it down because you disliked the Canadian Homies finding out about our industry ( The Canuck Forum ) .
Why not start it up again Bil I am sure many would be happy to give you some money including me .

Roy:

I am not and never will do any pleading here. I’m happy with what I have and I hope you guys are as well.

I am simply correcting more of your misinformation.

I’m really wondering why you feel Claude and others should be held to a different standard than Nick Gromicko ??

If it’s okay for Nick to make money off inspectors, why not others?

As for my forum, I closed it only because you and Wand were a cancer on the content, just as you are on any forum you attend.

For your information, I have actually had my forum running again for well over a year, but it is by invitation only, can’t be located by any Google search and most of the old participants are again together.

Of course I know Nick is in control of NACHI. It’s the only non-democratic Home Inspection association in North America. But, it’s a mutual admiration society. He jingles shiny bling in front of you folks and you do his bidding to keep him wealthy. I admire Nick for how he maintains total, unchallenged control. He deserves everything he can squeeze out of you.

Bill Mullen

Well, nothing new here, Claude has overlooked many issues along with his friends, specifically the accountability of the National and how it collapsed. More questions need answers about where the money went, and OAHI involvement. No guts no glory for Claude.

As for Bill he would throw anyone under the bus.

Roy:

Please at least try to get some facts straight.

1. Claude, myself and several others have spent large amounts of our own time and money trying to get the truth about where the National funds went. We now know most of the answers, but the next challenge is to recover them for the program. Claude had no control over the funds but was as much or more of a victim as others.
  2. Claude is one of the bravest and sincere people I know. He (and others) have met legal challenges from CAHPI head-on and won. He has stared down even the most daunting rivals and came out on top.
  3. The program did not collapse. The CAHPI leaders tried to end its existence, but Claude, myself and others on the NCA formed the NHICC and received support and formal approval to revive and deliver the program. We have done exactly that and can now boast the largest group of inspectors who are certified by any Canadian organization.
  4. The NHICC has the only credential that is approved for licensing in both provinces that license inspectors. I know some will argue that iNACHI has approvals in both, but the approvals for iNACHI (or their clones) are very different in the two provinces.
  5. There are only a couple people I would throw under the bus, and they deserve it and know why I would do it. I have and would, however, help thousands of Canadian and American inspectors over the past many years.

Bill Mullen

I was hoping you would say something about Mike Holmes now take a look and see what is happening here in Sault Ste Marie Ont. Michael.:shock:

Mr BILL MULLEN and Mr CLAUDE LAWRENSEN

I had a roofing company for a few years and i sold it, i had a construction company and sold it to my partner, in 1991 i acquired a insulation company and i am still active in it, we are doing spray foam, sprayed fireproofing and intumescent coating on steel structure, we solved many homes problems being refer by CMHC consultants who where not able to fix the problems.
Anyways, in 2010 i have sold all my shares to my employees, i am still around as a consultant, in 2010, i went through many organizations to take the inspector course

I found that interNACHI was the best organization, it cost me nothing at all to take all the required courses required to get certified, they are the best online school and source of information for inspectors out there, and the courses are free!!

With others organizations i had to spend thousand of dollars to take the courses and at the end of it, i had to pass trough stupid process who cost thousand of dollars again

NOW GUYS TELL ME WHO IS STEALING MONEY FROM INSPECTOR POCKET

It is normal to sell publications and books and set a membership fees, because there is some expense to pay, and administration of such organization cost money, but stealing thousand of dollars from newbies pocket, that is not RIGHT ! :mad:
Your guys are not better than the others like ####* of Mike Holmes, give me money, give me money and give me money again :frowning:

interNACHI is without any doubt the best HI organization, they keep cost lower as possible and help others HI with there issues

Nick, you and your staff are doing a FANTASTIC job out there

KEEP GOING NACHI, YOUR THE BEST !!! :smiley:

Here we go again. Claude! Roy said “TRY” Not “force”. Mr. CL you have put words in Roys mouth and started a hissy fit. As for Bill why don’t you just butt out.

Thanks Guy.
Unfortunately when I started there was no one to tell it like it is .
I joined OAHI then PACHI .
I was on the amalgamation Committee of the two ( I wish it had not happened ) .
I was on various committees with OAHI and slowly found out a lot of information .
I joined NACHI and like you found out how much better it is.
I was one of the first Canadians to join NACHI and am at this time the longest Canadian Member .
Bill Mullen is a great guy and helped me a lot when I first started in Home Inspections.
Sad to say we have gone different directions

Guy:

The NHICC doesn’t require anyone to spend a dime on courses. We have certified several inspectors who had nothing but NACHI courses, and possibly they didn’t cost a dime.
We don’t offer courses so we don’t make any money off courses.
The NHICC is an independent National Certification body, and that’s it.

Vern:

I would love to ‘butt out’ except that your pal Roy pulled me in with his usual eight year old insult in Post # 17.

Go back to being Nick’s Alberta whipping boy, Vern, because he played you like a cheap fiddle and you haven’t got the gonads to do something about it. You did his grunt work and he pocketed $ 60,000. I guess you haven’t heard that he’s famous for that kind of nonsense.

Bill Mullen

Hi Mr Roy,

Like i said, before i make a move, i do my home work, i do a lot of research and ask for reference

It’s just hard to make people realize that a home inspection done in half hour, it is not done right, they are attract by the big show

They do realize after, but it is to late, you lost a inspection and they get scam again

Bill, how much it cost get that certification through NHICC, it shouldn’t cost a lot if it just a examination
are you guys doing examination through proctor like high school or what

Bill Mullen writes:

I’ll accept your invitation. I don’t make any money off our courses… they’re all free: www.nachi.org/education.htm

Bill, Guy said it better:

One of the issues I see - getting back to the original comments in post #1 of this thread, is the differences in associations, and how or if they recognize “other” training.

(From Wiki) - Formal training means you went to an actual school/college and/or served under a trainer/teacher to learn the skill and probably received a degree or certificate at the end. Informal training means you learned the skill informally with no official schooling.
Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Difference_between_formal_and_informal_training#ixzz1ubM0Dowu

There’s “formal training” and many home inspection training schools and college level courses. Generally these can range in cost between $1000 and upwards to $10,000.

There’s “informal training” also; those courses offered outside of the traditionally recognized training realm.

Of course there’s “free training”, but in reality nothing is really free - is it? Not a put down, - but NACHI has some training that I consider of value; however there are also some people within"certain" associations out there that provide “no credit” to such training. Hence I sympathize with your concern.

I have had to deal with this issue before and help a few “NACHI” inspectors get their training recognized. So I am here not to criticize but to help too!

There are associations out there making money off of training and education. And there are others out there making certain training “mandatory”, which alludes to the issue of the benefits derived form making inspectors jump through their “brand” of training to attain their certification.

As suggested by “Guy” - do your homework. If it’s free and too easy - will it be recognized? If so by whom? That’s the dilemma some newbies will face.

On another note - college education and private training generally is not offered for free. But guess which one actually has “credibility” and likely a much higher level of “rigor”, but will likely cost you thousands?

I refer you to www.nachi.org/cont_education.htm

Guy:

The original application for your Background Review and Test Inspection with Peer Review (TIPR) can cost between $ 500. and $ 800. depending on how advanced you are with your education and/or training. The NHICC National Admissions Review Board looks at your application, veries your claims and documentation, and recommends where you should be placed in the program. (And yes, they do give credit for NACHI courses) It’s up to this group to compare your background and training to see how or if they meet the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Canadian Home Inspectors. In the TIPR, you perform an actual home inspection and have your findings reviewed by at least two experienced examiners who have also inspected the subject house. We have several who have gone right through the entire process for $ 500.00 from application to certification.

Once you are certified as an NHI, there are annual renewals which cost $ 150.00 but if you pay for two years it is only $ 250. or $ 125.00 per year.

Bill Mullen

Guy you should have told the secretary didn’t C.A.H.P.I. certify Toth.
The BC home inspector that earned the dubious distension of the highest court settlement in Canada net being able to understand attic structure and dumb enough to RECOMMEND repairs and price the defects. S198,000 dollars.
Maybe he should have educated at NACHI.

Bill do not compare Nick to others.
Its not fare:-)

Mike Holmes visits Sault College for home inspection course announcement

By Frank Dobrovnik

Updated 1 year ago

Sault College is making it right. The school will soon offer the province’s first two-year home inspection diploma program, with the blessing of Mike Holmes.

The home contractor-turned TV show host (Holmes on Homes) was in Sault Ste. Marie Monday to help announce the Home Inspection Technician (Co-op) program. Students will gain knowledge and practical skills relating to home construction through classroom, laboratory and workshop learning.

“Most inspectors are honest — they just don’t know enough,” said Holmes, who was featured in a segment of Marketplace last year on dishonest home builders.

“They need better tools, better education.”

The program also includes a co-op work placement to ensure graduates have relevant work experience that complements their classroom studies. By the end of it, grads will have the ability to recognize deficiencies in the structural components, exteriors, roofs, plumbing, electrical systems, heating systems, ventilation and air conditioning systems, insulation and interiors of residential homes.

“When you learn to install something, you’re in a better position to inspect someone else’s work,” said Colin Kirkwood, dean of the program.
Up to now, the only training one could get was from the home inspector association, and even that isn’t requisite to hang a shingle, said Kirkwood, a mechanical engineer. “You can take a few courses and call yourself a home inspector.”

Other than word of mouth, a prospective home owner has no other guarantee the home inspector they hire is competent. Now, “You can have confidence our students have actually gone through the process of learning how to inspect a house,” he said.

Classes begin in September. The school is planning for 18 students initially.

School president Ron Common said the college, which is establishing itself as the go-to place for skilled trades training, and the Holmes Group created the program mutually. In 10 years an expected 1.1 million Ontarians will be out of work, “while at the same time there will be 1.3 million jobs going unfilled because there aren’t skilled tradespeople to fill them,” Common said.

“Ontario is facing a chronic skills shortage.”

In 2009 Holmes launched his onw home inspection service, Mike Holmes Inspections, and a new series that profiles home inspections gone wrong, Holmes Inspections, airing on HGTV in Canada.

Holmes, 47, told a packed gymnasium that when he started in the field hiring a home inspector was an exercise in frustration. “The expectation was that you were going to get screwed, that it was going to be a total nightmare.”

While things gave improved, even today, “There are only a few that really know what they’re doing.”

You know what?

I could teach Mike Holmes a few things, trust me, he doesn’t know everything.

I would dance circles around him on a few subjects. Yeah! that’s a challenge Mikey. :mrgreen: