California consumer needs inspector to look at a leaning/cracking sound wall. via
2:17 PM (9 minutes ago)

to fast-reply
Home Inspection needed for leaning Sound Wall - In Escrow


I am totally reaching right now, but I don’t know what else to do. So, we are going through an escrow process right now with a house we just purchased. One of the “issues” is a sound wall running along the back of the house that is cracking and leaning. We are looking for an “inspector” to take a look at this for us before we close escrow. I don’t know how to google this kind of inspector for my area? can you please help me with the terminology and possibly point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance,

2601 S. Calaveras Pl
Ontario, CA 91761

Vee Sterling

Sounds like it is running along the freeway. I would try CalTrans first.

I think Scot is correct. If it’s a sound wall, it’s likely not part of the property.

And if they already know the wall is cracked and leaning, they need a structural engineer more than a home inspector.

I concur with the other two experts. ������

We are all in agree-ence. :smiley: