Canadian Inspectors

Canadians.
Do you deal at Royal Bank you might want to talk to them about only recommending a CAHPI Inspector

http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/mortgages/choosing-home-inspector.html

Finding and Choosing a Home Inspector
There are several ways to find a professional home inspector in your area. For example, you can:

Ask your real estate agent for names
Check the local phone directory
Ask friends and family who have used a home inspector in the past
Contact a home inspection association for a list of qualified inspectors in your area
Go online to association Web sites
Ask someone in the construction or housing industry
Contact your local real estate board for references
When choosing a home inspector:

Ask if they belong to a professionally recognized organization such as the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors (opens external website in new window).

I think they are just mentioning a example “such as”

Cheers

It would be nice though if the mentioned “such as InterNACHI”

A couple of years ago I sent out this letter to the real estate boards across Alberta because of a similar situation where they were suggesting a “such as and then that other organization”. Don’t know if it did any good but maybe Nick should think about sending out some info to all the banks, realtors, lawyers and anyone else that has an interest in our business…hint, hint…

Alberta Chapter
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)

To The Alberta Real Estate Association and Local Real Estate Boards of Alberta;
RE: NEW Alberta Licence information from the Alberta Chapter of InterNACHI
September 1, 2011 all home inspectors and home inspection businesses must be licenced in Alberta. There are two types of acceptable licences being issued by the AB government:

1. Full Home Inspector Licence
  2. Conditional Home Inspector Licence

The Full Home Inspector Licence is issued to a Certified Master Inspector (CMI) designation and/or its equivalent who meet government requirements as described in the new legislation (see link below).
A Conditional Home Inspector Licence is issued to a home inspector who is in the process of or about to receive their Full Home Inspection licence (see link below).
What is a CMI (Certified Master Inspector) as referenced in the new legislation?
The Master Inspector Certification Board Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting excellence in the inspection industry.The Board holds the registered Trademark Certified Master Inspector® (CMI), the inspection industry’s top professional designation, and awards it to qualifying inspectors who have demonstrated a high level of competency by:

• Completing 1,000 fee-paid inspections and/or hours of inspection-related Continuing Education courses (combined) in their lifetime;
  • Proving they’ve been in the inspection business for at least three years;
  • Abiding by the industry’s toughest Code of Ethics;
  • Substantially following a Board-approved Standards of Practice;
  • Submitting to a criminal background check;
  • Applying for Board certification by signing an affidavit in front of a Notary.

*The Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc. is not a trade association, and the Certified Master Inspector® is not a membership level. Certified Master Inspector® is a professional designation available to all qualifying inspectors who wish to be Board-Certified™.**Mission:*By awarding the Continuing Education/experience-based Certified Master Inspector® professional designation, the Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc. supports the inspection industry’s advanced education providers and encourages experienced inspectors to maintain excellence.
What is a CCHI designation?

• Certified Canadian Home Inspector (CCHI);[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
  • Completed 27 Alberta reviewed and approved training courses;[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
  • Successfully passed 29 tests including 2 proctored exams with a score of 85% or higher;[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
  • Successfully passed a Peer review with a score of 85% or higher proctored by a CMI trained to conduct a Peer review;[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
  • Designation exclusively for members of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors;[FONT=Times New Roman] [/FONT]
  • Must be a good standing member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors of Alberta

To find a CMI (Certified Master Inspector); CCHI (Certified Canadian Home Inspector) licensed inspector and member of InterNACHI Alberta please visit http://ab.nachi.org/albertanachi/members.html
For a complete list of CMI Inspectors in North America please visit: http://www.certifiedmasterinspector.org/cmi/find.htm
Licensing information for home inspection businesses and consumers can be found on the Service Alberta website:

We look forward to our continued association with each of you as we provide the high standard of excellence we are entrusted with in the home inspection industry and for the consumers of Alberta.
Sincerely,
Dan Levia, CMI (Certified Master Inspectior)
President, Alberta InterNACHI Chapter
International Association of Certified Home Inspectors
[FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]

strange when you clik on such as
http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/mortgages/choosing-home-inspector.html it leads you to CAHPI only .
When choosing a home inspector:

You might think this is OK but to me it is not a balanced post from Royal

The easiest way to get this fixed is for everyone to log onto there website correction link and post a complaint.

The link is here:

https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/RBC:ov7lS6wYUA0BLgAsXssAAABb/www_form.html

I suggested they might like to remove the bias, as CAHPI doesn’t even operate in Ontario or Quebec, and is only one of the 5 associations represented at the Ministry of Consumer Services panel.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Roy.

I Like this idea and do hope others do the same thing .
CAHPI/ON is OAHI and all Canadian branches of CAHPI and are joined together.
8 branches \I think

sent 5;31…Roy

Just taking the lead from your excellent tagline Roy.

Thanks for finding that, Roy. I have submitted an email to RBC. It says I will receive a response within 1-2 days.

There goes your good bank rating Chris.:mrgreen:

I’m with TD. Doesn’t matter anyways, 'cause there’s no $ in my account !:mrgreen: Did you forget, I work for the Government ??

I let them know I have been a RBC for over 50 years and have had all my business accounts there and others too.

Just got a response from RBC. Standard “Form Letter” saying “Thanks for contacting us”, “Let us help your business, yada, yada, yada…” Please call us anytime. Nothing in response or answering any of my original email.

Dear Marcel,

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]My name is Lisa,

[/FONT]
Thank you for sharing your concern and we appreciate your feedback.

I have documented this to share with our National Office.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Thanks for contacting us. We’ll be happy to help you again if there’s anything else you’d like to discuss.

If you prefer, you can call us at 1-800-769-2511. Also, look for the option to chat live with us on select pages on www.rbcroyalbank.com. [/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][FONT=Tahoma][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]
Sincerely,
[/FONT][/FONT][/size][/FONT]
[/size]

I too have emailed the RBC …good catch Roy!

Thanks Roy, I too have sent an email to RBC. Would you mind if I re-posted this to the Ontario site?

Sent also and here is my response.

https://blu176.mail.live.com/Handlers/ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=wByJIXYQzpfngqhDwifgNO8ZibbDx1IIk1%2Bb7iBF%2FdU%3D0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rbcroyalbank.com%2Fuos%2F_assets%2Fimages%2Flogos%2Fweb%2Frbc_royalbank_en.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]
Dear Kevin:

We have received your message regarding a comment made about CAPHI Canadian . The purpose of this note is to acknowledge our receipt of your email and to advise that your concern has been referred to our Client Care Centre for follow-up. They will be responding within three business days of this acknowledgement.

Thank you, Kevin, for bringing this matter to our attention.

Sincerely,

**Jennifer L | **Customer Service Representative | **Royal Bank of Canada
** [/FONT]
[/size]

Go for it .

.Any one can use any of my posts at any time .
I try to help all the best I can

Complaint sent. :slight_smile:

I think I was the first to send in a complaint and just got a reply now .

Great work Homies I expect they just might listen to us Thanks to all for sending in your E-mails.

This is just not an RBC issue! It has to do with ALL lenders-mortgage brokers across the country!

I believe it’s simply a question of stating your case. For example, I’ve modified an InterNACHI Pps called: ‘‘Three Fatal Mistakes of the Homebuyer’’ to suit my particular needs and that works wonders when I deliver a presentation to any bank or mortgage lender!

Works VERY well for me…

G