FREE HOME INSPECTOR SEMINAR
6:30 PM WED APRIL 25, 2012
860 HARRINGTON COURT SUITE 209
BURLINGTON, ON
SPONSORED BY PHPIC www.phpic.ca
To register e-mail aciss@sympatico.ca
For more information call Toll Free 1-866-573-7131

April 2025 Sorry I am busy doing inspections that day. LOL

This PEX issue is a vital topic affecting inspectors that we will be presenting and discussing.

Also we will be presenting:

[FONT=Times New Roman]Information on a Home Inspector Health and Benefits Plan[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica-Bold][FONT=Times New Roman]Life insurance[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Accidental Death & Dismemberment[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Extended Health[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Prescription drugs [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Vision benefits [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Orthotics[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Hearing Aids[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Long Term Disability[/FONT]
Dental Plan

**Something that we dont often get as a small business. **
Thank you, hope you can make it.
**Allan **[/FONT]

Thanks for this information!

Below copied from: http://phpic.ca/pdf/Benefits_Intro.pdf

[size=3][FONT=Helvetica]To fully cover you and your family for medical, dental, and Long Term Disability, the cost would be $251.92 per month. Single coverage will be $142.22 per month. If your spouse has medical and dental coverage, you can opt out of the medical and dental coverage and pay $83.10 per month for Long Term Disability coverage.[/FONT][/size]

This insurance coverage is very interesting indeed and so is the Canadian Pex plumbing lawsuit seminar!

Thanks Alan for sharing the invitation to the seminar, I would attend but I can’t make it but kudos to phpic for the access to knowledge. I have attended in the past and the seminars are well done!

All last minute dropins welcome too.

Doors will be open 6:15pm
We want to start 6:45pm
860 Harrington Ct, Burlington
Go to the rear parking lot
Door #3 follow signs

Thanks

I could not make it. Can we get a brief on it?

G.

If you own or owned a home or building containing a Plasco “Plumb-PEX” plumbing system, you could benefit from a class action settlement**

What is this class action lawsuit about?

[FONT=Arial]The lawsuit claimed that the Defendants designed, marketed, and sold Plasco Plumb-PEX Plumbing Systems, containing ASTM standard F1807 brass insert fittings and stainless steel clamps that may leak and cause damage to property. The Defendants deny all of the claims in the lawsuit.

The national Canadian Class Action was certified by the Honourable Justice Laing of the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench on February 27, 2012. The case is known as Jeffrey Allen v. Uponor Ltd. (fka Uponor Canada Inc. and Uponor Canada Ltd.) and Uponor Inc. (successor to Uponor North America, Inc.), Q.B. No. 1247 of 2011. The person who sued is the Plaintiff, Jeffrey Allen and the companies sued, Uponor Ltd. and Uponor, Inc., are called the Defendants.

[/FONT]http://www.canadianplumbpexsettlement.ca/
[FONT=Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]How do I know if my structure contains a Plasco Plumb-PEX Plumbing System?

The systems were sold by Plasco and Uponor Ltd. using the trade name “Plumb-PEX”. Only systems containing ASTM standard F1807 brass insert fittings and stainless steel clamps are included in this settlement. These systems used flexible plastic pipe called “pex” pipe and brass fittings that are inserted into the pex tubing to form a connection. The brass fittings are secured by a tool that clamps stainless steel (stainless steel clamps) around the outside of the tubing, creating a seal between the pex tubing and the brass insert fittings. The picture below illustrates what the systems look like.

http://www.canadianplumbpexsettlement.ca/Files/uponor/failure01.jpg

http://www.canadianplumbpexsettlement.ca/Files/uponor/failure03.jpg

The brass insert fittings and stainless steel clamps were stamped with the letters “P-pex” or “MB pex.”

How do I get more information?

More information about the settlement is available by calling toll-free 1-877-688-9314, or writing to:

Plasco Plumb-PEX Plumbing System Settlement
Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 3355
London, ON, N6A 4K3

[/FONT]

Thanks for spreading the news Alan!