Canadian Shipments

To Jay Keany… NACHI stuff.
I hope the info that has been posted here will bring about a change in NACHI’S shipping policy especially to Canada. I too just received the invoice from UPS for the extra charges for the home books I received earlier in the week.
The landed cost to my door per book is now close to what I paid to Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. (CMHC) for their books. The 100 books won’t last long so I believe I will go back to my old supplier when it’s time to reorder.
UPS must be removed as NACHI’s preferred carrier to Canada.
David Verge

We can and will ship however you, our customers, want us to. I was not aware of the inflated amounts UPS charges. We are happy to ship via USPS. The post office is not far away, and we appreciate you business and will do whatever we need to do to serve you. I apologize to all of our Canadian clients for the problems. It will not happen again.

Got a call from ups and they wanted my card # and they needed the 4 digit # , this is a first. I would have sent them back all 201 of them but needed them for a seminar with a group doing new home buyers seminars. Cost was $40.90 for GST and Brok Fee $58.15 Brok GST #3.49 for a total of COD $102.54, I WILL NEVER ORDER AGAIN!!!

NACHI and their suppliers have to be the best people in the World.

Chuck I just talked to the NACHI STORE And all those who have had to pay UPS please keep you bill and they will give credit on the UPS charges and you can use it on your next order .
We of course will have to pay the usual gst and Pst just like you would at the corner store .
I feel this is wonderfull and sure is a great way to treat and keep customers . so as an example Chuck should have a credit of $58.15
Thanks to the NACHI store .
Roy Cooke

Great news:

Jay and Roy-- use da men

Cheers

Just trying to make things right.

We believe in our products and will do whatever we need to keep the customer happy.

I received my NACHI flashlight via USPS and the charge was reasonalble (GST+PST+$5.00 handling charge).
UPS are taking advantage of Canadians with their inflated brokerage fees…me say Boycott!

It has been this way for over 30 years that I have been having shipments come in from the USA .
About 25 years ago it got so expensive I used to have it shipped UPS to the UPS terminial in Watertown NY and go down and pick it up my self and do my own Brokerage .
UPS is so big our protest will do nothing .
They do OK in Canada and OK In the USA just do not use them accross the border.

Cookie

Thanx Roy, just got the bill and with exchange on 603 at 1.172392620 = 706.95 Plus the 102 for the ups = about $809.00 for 201 books= just over $4.00 each, still a good price, gave out 2 to-day at inspections with our reports and they both liked what they saw.:mrgreen:

I was billed on DEC 1 but have not recieved them yet. No calls from UPUKE yet so they must be in the mail.

Vern,

Your books were shipped via USPS. Please let me know if you have any questions. I hope you receive them soon.

Mr. Keany, I was just comparing the homeowner’s handbook that you sent a while back to the ones we paid for, seems that the last 48 pages are missing in the ones we got and paid for, I do not recall being told it would be different,:shock: Could you please tell me why you would show one and then deliver something that was 3/8ths smaller, nice book but I feel ripped off, now add that to the cost of the ups :shock: (free delivery that was given) and it = a unhappy client:twisted: , as a home inspector I make sure my clients are never unhappy (for too long anyway)
</IMG></IMG></IMG>

You should try to get a flashlight. - nachi=beam

Ben will that help me see what I am suppose to get??:wink:

It will light up the way

Why do you guys down south insist on shipping Upuke?
They screwed me once and that’s it I will never accept anything from them again. I’m a man of my word. Hell will be frozen over for a long time before I change my mind. Some might stubborn sob.
The news media is always on about credirt card thief etc. I do not give my card no. to anyone that can not tell me how much.
You say my books are on the way from Upuke. I send the last order back
from another outfit.If I need something in a hurry I ship Fed Ex.
Does Purealator (Sp) pick up in US?
Bottom line. I follow the golden rule.
It’s my gold. it’s my rules.

Vern my last issue was NOT about just UPS but the size of the books viewed and the size we got?:roll:

Vern,

As I said in my previous post, we shipped your books via US Postal (USPS), not UPS.

We haven’t shipped anything to you via UPS per your instructions.

We were told by the post office that it could be 3-4 weeks until you receive them.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Charles,
There were several posts by Jay stating that the book was a reduced version. I’m sorry you didn’t see those. That must have been a shock to get something different than what you were expecting.

Wendy can you show me where these post are? thanx