Cancel culture making progress, I guess

Well, whenever you have thousands of people protesting, you are normally going to have some bad actors and even some gun violence. I point to the BLM riots as evidence of that. But the January 6 protest had statistically MUCH less of that than average. Even the government said that the total repairs on the damage they did (and that is at inflated government prices) wasn’t in the billions, or hundreds of millions, or dozens of millions but rather… $1.5 million. That’s it. And the FBI testified under oath that they found a whopping 0 guns, let alone any gun violence. It really is the quintessential example of a proper protest of government.

2 Likes

And the reason we have a true problem in society today. People actually believe this. Sad day for America and what it SHOULD stand for.

Roe v Wade was a bad ruling. There is no question about that. The Supreme Court should not be legislating. That is the sole job of Congress. Roe v Wade created legislation that specified the limits of abortion by trimester. Look it up. Moreover Roe was not pregnant at the time of the ruling and so had no standing. Overturning it simply means that States will assume control unless and until the spineless Congress passes a federal law.

While you’re considering this “precedent” talking point. How about the law that sterilized retarded people at Lynchburgm VA. (a precedent upheld by none other than Oliver Wendell Holmes). Overturned. or how about the precedent that prevented women from voting. (Women got the vote in 1919). Slavery was a precedent. Took a war to overturn that. Precedent simply means the way it has been done. Doesn’t mean it was right.

1 Like

BTW: My damages number, and total number of shots fired by protestors, and total number of guns brought into the Capitol by the January 6 protestors, and the total number of private businesses (non-government assets) destroyed, and the total number of children who were chased and assaulted… aren’t my numbers. Those are government agency numbers. So don’t shoot the messenger.

1 Like

Least we not forget the only fatality (other than natural causes) was an an unarmed civilian veteran SHOT by the government.

1 Like

BTW: The Boston Tea Party did more damage financially. They destroyed 340 chests of tea valued at $1.7 million.

Yep, and like the rest of the thousands of protestors… she was unarmed. He shot an unarmed female veteran engaged in a First Amendment-protected exercise at a proper venue. What a pussy he is. And lucky for him and his family that she wasn’t my wife.

2 Likes

I corrected my statement to say “unarmed”

You guys have it and support the worst day in the democracy of American history. To each there own, and take it to your grave.

3 Likes

Fixed my quote of your statement.

Well, now I know why they are holding the kangaroo court Jan. 6th hearings…because some people will just drink it all in.

Might I point out that the United States of America is a Republic (representative government) not a Democracy. Back to class for you.

4 Likes

It’s unsettling, yes. Most protests are. But it was statistically peaceful, the protestors where unarmed, and they were in the correct venue (protesting government where government is). It should be made a national holiday.

P.S. We aren’t a democracy. We’re a republic. A democracy doesn’t protect the rights of the minority opinion and punish protestors. A republic protects the minority opinion’s voice.

2 Likes

“By voting, citizens are participating in the democratic process. Citizens vote for leaders to represent them and their ideas, and the leaders support the citizens’ interests. There are two special rights only for U.S. citizens: voting in federal elections and running for federal office.”

Class dismissed!

2 Likes

Unarmed in the Capitol maybe. How about outside and on the grounds?

I listened carefully to the FBI testify and they found no evidence of guns or knives being used to harm anyone outside or on the grounds either. Considering the size of the crowd, it was an amazingly peaceful protest. Yes, in any protest there will unfortunately be some violence or destruction. But the founding fathers didn’t mean for protestors to be in a fenced-off section quietly holding “we disagree” signs. Protests are as American as apple pie. The only difference is that apple pie isn’t protected by the Constitution.

1 Like

Nothing else to say, but I’ll leave this here,

1 Like

This is the Libtards version of a mostly peaceful protest.

4 Likes

I’m politically-neutral on protesting government, governmental action, and government employees. I’m in favor of more peaceful protests. “Peaceful” to me means no intentional group violence directed at other humans. It doesn’t mean no destruction of government property or a completely injury-free event. January 6 and the Boston Tea Party are examples of the proper way to protest the government in the proper venue, with very little violence. My understanding is that one person was injured during the Boston Tea Party, by accident. Thus, similarly to Jan 6, I would also describe the Boston Tea Party as a “peaceful” protest of government.

You’re focused on the riot. The constitutional crisis was elsewhere, and it was not a crisis but rather an interruption. Hardly the advertised “Grand Insurrection”.

"The Senate rejected the Arizona objection by a vote of 6-93, and the Pennsylvania objection, 7-92.
The House likewise did not sustain the objections, rejecting the Arizona challenge 121-303 and the Pennsylvania challenge 138-282.The joint session then resumed and counted the remaining 12 states’ votes, certifying Biden’s victory."

My opinion, those congressmen and senators had every right to object and even a duty to do so if compelled. But they did not win the argument and the election was not overturned.

And why is it every time a Democrat screams “election fraud” it is for democracy? And every time a Republican does it, it is a threat to democracy? You remember, Putin stole the election from Clinton, right? No drop boxes, no ballot harvesting, no absentee ballots…just Putin.

2 Likes