Cancellation of on-line payment service

I have been trying to cancel my Shift4 account and am told that I entered into a yearly automatic renewal that I cannot cancel until 2023. Has anyone else had this issue? Am I screwed? I haven’t used the account for 3 months and keep getting charged so I stopped payment at the bank and now they add a $25 return service fee each month to my account plus the $50 minimum.

If it’s this Shift4, then the TOS states:

"Billing Policies and Cycles. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing by Shift4Shop, we offer billing via credit card or debit card charge only. All initial fees must be paid prior to service setup. These fees may include service setup fees and first period’s service charge. Shift4Shop provides customers several billing cycles from which to choose when signing up for service, including, but not limited to (a) monthly billing, (b) quarterly billing, and (c) annual billing. Shift4Shop will bill Customer, in advance, on a recurring basis according to the billing cycle selected by the Customer. The Customer may change the billing cycle using the online control panel at any time prior to the next billing period. The Customer understands that Shift4Shop has no obligation to refund any prepayment made by the Customer should the customer choose to change the billing cycle after a payment has been made. Our billing cycle begins on the day we setup your account. All Services will automatically renew for successive same duration terms unless You provide notice to Shift4Shop of your intent not to renew at least 30 days prior to the expiration of a term. All fees charged for additional Services purchased during the term of a plan and any additional fees and expenses incurred during such term shall be billed and paid in accordance with these Terms. "

Maybe you missed the 30 day window to supply notice of cancellation?

It looks like you’re not the only one having problems with them.

While the company maintains an A+ rating, customer reviews give Shift4 Payments 1.5 out of 5 stars. The company also has 32 complaints filed against it in the last year. In critical reviews of Shift4 Payments, customers complain about poor customer service, deceptive sales tactics, and expensive hidden fees.

1 Like

I started using the internachi pay. They set me up with clover. Client pays 4% fee, you get a $7 subscription fee monthly. Sure beats $1000 processing bills at the beginning of each month and more people just hand me an envelope full of cash than ever before. :slight_smile:

Helped to offset my gasoline bill

2 Likes