Carbon Monxide - a killer

Originally Posted By: kwilliams
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.



Four people from Saratoga County, NY are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after having a furnace problem.


Police were called to a house in Lexington Commons off of Route 146 in Halfmoon around 7:30 a.m. When they got to the house, the readings on their carbon monoxide monitors were over 500 parts per million, which is considered very high.

"When we went into the residence the readings were up over 500. We opened up the windows to the residence at that time. Niagara Mohawk was contacted as well as town of Halfmoon code enforcement," Fire Chief John Cooper, Waterford Half Moon District, said.

The residents were taken to Ellis Hospital and later transferred to Westchester Medical Center by helicopter. There's no word on the identities or conditions.


--
Member - MAB

http://www.nachi.org/convention2006.htm