Cause and effect

Originally Posted By: aslimack
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Pads? Soft over hard. I think mine are the gorilla brand from H.D., with the heavy velcro strap. As comfortable as any i’ve used. Approx. $25-$30

Philosophers? W.C.Fields, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

Originally Posted By: Brian A. Goodman

I love home-grown philosophers too.

My Dad: "Everyone's crazy, it just depends on who you ask."

My Brother: "Prisons are full of people who will tell you how dumb the cops are."

My Grandfather: "As soon as it quits hurting, it'll feel better."

Now you know where I get it from. ![icon_wink.gif](upload://ssT9V5t45yjlgXqiFRXL04eXtqw.gif)

Originally Posted By: jburkeson

“Cause and effect: such a duality probably never exists; in truth we are confronted by a continuum out of which we isolate a couple of pieces, just as we perceive motion only as isolated points and then infer it without ever actually seeing it. The suddenness with which many effects stand out misleads us; actually, it is sudden only for us. In this moment of suddenness there are an infinite number of processes which elude us. An intellect that could see cause and effect as a continuum and a flux and not, as we do, in terms of an arbitrary division and dismemberment, would repudiate the concept of cause and effect and deny all conditionality.” – Nietzsche on NACHI

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: jpulley

Good Lord,

Didn't that come full circle?!
Just for your information and possible use, re: the original subject- Kneepads/shinguards : I have chosen the pads preferred by many in the paintball community under the brand name of "Renegade".
The pads cover your knees and shins, they are reasonably priced and seeing as how my shins take a beating from attic timbers they seem to fill the bill nicely.

"How dumb you are depends on where you're standing at the time."

J.R. Pulley