CE credits from whoever

I know Nick, I was just suggesting it as a means to show sincerity to the wishes of getting along, or exposing it as empty words intended to make Ashi appear to be the good guys, who want to do what’s best for the industry, while they continue to disparage Nachi members.

I have know Scott Paterson for a few years and have never heard him disparage anyone let alone NACHI members. Besides, that would be completely out of character for him, and it would also be counter-productive in regards to his long-range goals for our profession in general, and the NHIE in particular. :smiley:

As you know, as the largests most prolific inspection trade association in the world, we get thousands of email inquiries a day. Many are REALTORs and consumers asking about associations. I never bash ASHI. I just email them a link to their no-entrance-requirement application http://www.homeinspector.org/join/application/associate_application.pdf and a link to our requirements www.nachi.org/rigorous2006.htm

No need to bash, if the “send money and shazam” description fits… wear it. The truth is the biggest ASHI basher out there.

I also offer to all consumers, my free expert witness assistance to any of them suing any agent or broker for negligent referral over a home inspection complaint if the agent or broker was so negligent as to actually recommend a diploma mill association member. Agents have a fiduciary duty to their clients to help them steer clear of diploma mill association inspectors. I make one hell of an argument showing that the agent, as a professional advice giver, should be held solely responsible for all repairs if they negligently refer a diploma mill association inspector.

I was not pointing fingers at Scott, but rather the many other members who do this, however he did the posting of his desires.

Attorney Joe Ferry is flying in tomorrow and we’re going all over speaking to real estate boards and reminding them of their contractual and fiduciary duty to steer their clients away from dipmloma mill association members. We do this one on Thursday http://co.nachi.org/mountainmetro/event257.html and they are all approved for real estate continuing education. Limiting liability is as important to agents as it is to inspectors and any agent that recommends a known diploma mill association member should lose her home in court.

Nick,
PLEASE bring Joe Ferry to New Hampshire and present this to ALL of our Real Estate agents / Brokers.

**For YEARS ASHI has been disparaging, slandering, attacking, and trying to discredit NACHI and our members. **
{READ MY E-MAIL that Scott Patterson posted above.}

It is time to FIGHT BACK and set the record straight. ASHI has been on the attack since day one!

**They smile and pat you on the back with one hand and say … “Can’t We ALL just get along :roll:” … and then when you fall for their tactics …they SMILE and stab you in the back with the other! **

It is time to give back to ASHI what ASHI has been dishing out to NACHI for years and years! **

I say that RECIPROCITY is a beautiful thing!

PS:
Nick,
Keep up the GOOD WORK! YOU are what keeps NACHI strong!

You should see the case I’m working on now. $400,000.00! In my testimony I blame the real estate agent for steering her client toward a member of a well known, no-entrance-requirement diploma mill association. It is having rippling effects across the country and agents are being warned about these pretend mini-associations that not only allow anyone to join by just sending in money, but then unconscionably encourage their come-only-with-cash Candidates or Associates or whatever they are calling them this week, to go out and perform a certain number of unqualified inspections as the only way to achieve full membership. Disgusting yes, but the point is that every licensed agent should be made aware of these diploma mills and in fact, they have a duty to keep their client from using inspectors who belong to them. All the agent has to do to fulfill his/her fiduciary duty to safeguard their client is to look for the logos on the inspector’s website to make sure he/she isn’t a member of a known send-in-money-and-shazam! association.

I have come in contact with Scott a few times in the last year and I find him to have
one of the finest posturing abilities of false humility I have ever seen. But, when he
feels the time is right, he will attack with a vengeance and slander Nick Gromicko
and all that is InterNACHI, with no remorse.

Activerain had to removed his slander against Nick and InterNACHI on their forum
a while back. Then he lied about what he said after they pulled his comments. That is a fact.
Nick is my friend and I remember every word.

So when Scott says “lets all just get along”… it rings shallow. And when Scott pretends
not to know how to answer a simple question about ASHI’s fee for approval policy, he
is not man enough to give a simple answer regarding the truth. He chooses to divert his
answer around Nick’s question and then when confronted to get back to the original
question being asked, he pretend he does not know.

I’m not not impressed.

Tell that to the local ASHI chapter as they have been attacking, slandering, and attempting to discredit NACHI as an Association and individual members since day one.

Tell that to the local ASHI chapter who sent out an extremely disparaging e-mail to all of our New Hampshire state senators!

**They did this in the first week of January and in the third week of January they are begging us to pay $150.00 to Attend a seminar hosted by one of their vendors.

The bottom line is that the local ASHI New Hampshire chapter is down to a “single digit” membership.

They are using out of state members to inflate their numbers and make it seem like they are still a viable chapter.

They have invented a fake/phony “independent coalition” and falsely claim that this so-called independent coalition speaks for all and I repeat all home inspectors in New Hampshire.

**The President, and I repeat the President of this coalition {David Roth, who is the VP of the local ASHI Chapter} testified before a House of Representatives subcommittee hearing that not a single member of NACHI had joined this coalition.

So the bottom line is the local ASHI chapter is powerless, desperate and dying!

They attack us, slander us, and then beg us to attend their free seminars while expecting us to pay them $150.00 to attend!

This is an “no-brainer” and no one should be surprised that we were insulted by a very generous offer and refused to attend!

• WORTH REPEATING!
    **In the future {as in the past} if ASHI wants us to honor their seminars they must on a “seminar by seminar” basis;

1. Submit a lesson plan / core curriculum for the seminar.

**2. ASHI charges $25.00 per CEU for “review” of the material. ****We will reciprocate. **

**3. A money order or cashier’s check made out to NACHI-NH must accompany this material. **

4. Submit a bio of the instructor.

PS:
Scott,
**Since *YOU *have chosen to interject yourself in this matter … Be sure to get this message out to your New Hampshire ASHI buddies.:wink: :nachi: :nachi: **

John M. writes:

Thanks. It is why I come down on him hard. I’m normally not as fierce. Scott throws my name around all over the place on other message boards.

Worth repeating, they continue to show their true colors time and time again,
the only problem is they don’t realize we remember all their stupid antics.

I sent Scott a personal email and he did respond but I asked him to have the two principles here in NH contact me so I could personally discuss their action, then and now, guess what, they have the balls to tell my Senator I am not qualified to do a home inspection but can’t say it to my face. This my friends is who we are dealing with, desperate individuals in a dying cause.

Quote: Originally Posted by prussell:
Not to mention that every NACHI NH members has heard the disparaging email sent to all of our state senators. This email was sent out by Omnispec AKA Bob MacDonald and Joe Bates.

I actually had it read to me by my state senator and I have to admit I was floored.
Bates and McDonald made a serious error in judgment! They do not realize that we have many, many friends in both the House and in the Senate! This vicious e-mail only served to discredit them both individually and as an association!

I have talked to both Bob and Joe in the halls of the State house recently and both had told me we all need to work together, lets bury the hatchet, come to our seminars, ETC.
Yes, we have seen this “Can’t we all just get along” song and dance more than once.

**They say this to your face while all the time continuously stabbing you in the back! Their behavior has not changed one iota since day one! **

Then to have this hog wash read to me was a slap in the face.
**When a New Hampshire State Senator read this ASHI e-mail to you what else could you expect? **
They have proven time and time again that they are not be believed and they are certainly not to be trusted.

The actions of these two individuals have lead me to believe I can never trust anyone connected to ASHI and I for one look forward to their demise.
Their New Hampshire membership in 2003 was approximately 16 members. This included candidates and associates!
Their New Hampshire are 2008 “membership” is now down to single digits.
We have approximately 8 former ASHI members who have joined NACHI and who told us that they were tired of paying and paying, and paying and getting nothing out of their so-called “membership”.
Apparently the others have gone back to their former professions.

Besides their fake coalition and their outrageous lies to our Senators only one word comes to mind, liars!!!
you have 93 certified New Hampshire home inspectors who are in 100% agreement with you.

All of us have witnessed at one time or another the obvious lies and slander statements that have come out of these peoples mouths!

We are all just a sick of it as you are and we are fighting back and justifiably so!

JMHO

Yes, they are dying and are desperate! That is why they have formed their obviously fake/phony “independent coalition” because they realize that under the mantle of “ASHI” they have burned their bridges with us!

Well there little trick has backfired on them! Any credibility that they might have had has been destroyed by the formation of this fake coalition!

All of our Senators are aware that the Board of Directors of the local ASHI chapter are the same so-called “officers” on this phony coalition!

Talk about cutting your own throat and digging your own grave!
**I for one am happy to see it!:stuck_out_tongue: **

quote=gromicko]
**John M. writes: **Quote:
I have come in contact with Scott a few times in the last year and I find him to have one of the finest posturing abilities of false humility I have ever seen. But, when he feels the time is right, he will attack with a vengeance and slander Nick Gromicko and all that is InterNACHI, with no remorse.

Activerain had to removed his slander against Nick and InterNACHI on their forum a while back.
Then he lied about what he said after they pulled his comments.

That is a fact. Nick is my friend and I remember every word.

• So when Scott says “lets all just get along”… it rings shallow.
    And when Scott pretends not to know how to answer a simple question about ASHI’s fee for approval policy, he is not man enough to give a simple answer regarding the truth.

He chooses to divert his answer around Nick’s question and then when confronted to get back to the original question being asked, he pretend he does not know.
End Quote:

Quote: Nick Gromicko:
I’m not not impressed.
Thanks. It is why I come down on him hard. I’m normally not as fierce. Scott throws my name around all over the place on other message boards.
End Quote:

[/quote]

Nick,
you are 100% correct! Scott Patterson regularly trashes you out and trashes NACHI out on a continuous and unrelenting basis.

His little song and dance of “can’t we all just get along” rings false in my ears.

When it comes to trying to discredit you as a person and NACHI as professional association I would say the Scott Patterson is the leader of the pack!

He has openly assumed an active and prominent adversarial role for a long, long time.
He has made it very clear on this thread that;
1. He does not hold any offices with ASHI.

2. He does not speak for ASHI national.

3. He is only voicing a “personal opinion”.

So the bottom line is “NACHI national headquarters” got in touch with “ASHI national headquarters” and we were told by a bona fide ASHI employee that ASHI would not recognize or issue any continuing education credits from NACHI or any other trade association.

**So who do I choose to believe … **
1. an employee from ASHI national headquarters or Scott Patterson?

2. You, or Scott Patterson?

3. Joe Farsetta or Scott Patterson?

I guess the answer is kind of obvious…

Scott Patterson lost any and all credibility during many of his previous and continuous slanderous attacks against NACHI.

You can’t blame him too much.

Scott was in charge of ASHI recruitment during the period that ASHI memberships saw its greatest decline…and NACHI, it’s greatest increase.

His choices are to find fault with us or look within. The shallow man that you described took the easiest road.