Cell Phone Do not call #'s

It is going to be very irritating is we have to pay for telemarketers who phone us.

*[FONT=Verdana]Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
***[FONT=Verdana]***REMINDER ***[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]… All cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Companies and you will start to receive sale calls. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] **YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS **[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana] To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]1 866-580-3625 or [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]888-382-1222. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] Number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Or you can do it online at www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca](http://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/) [/FONT][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS… It takes about 20 seconds[/FONT]

Don’t worry about it Brian.

yeah…just got this from my brother-outlaw…

We had an email about this at work from our IT dept. While the websites are legitimate, there are no plans to release cell phone numbers to the telemarketing public unless you do that yourself, so you can register your cell number but there really is no reason to.

Thanks Steven…got the original from my dad this am, thought I should post it.
First time I’ve been to snopes, methinks I’ll be there more.

Snopes is a great site. Check out the photo section. You will spend a lot of time there.

Is this just in the states, or does it include Canada?

Harold,

It’s bogus.

Read the link in post 2

It only affects those who live East of Newfoundland.:wink:

How do you stop spam text messaging?

Call your cell provider. They can block all text messaging for your account.

At least T-mobile can.

I turned off text-messaging with Verizon, after receiving spam advertising at all hours of the night,
and noticing my phone waking me up for no reason. :twisted:

I’m saving money too, and don’t miss it at all. :smiley: