Cell Phone Robo Call Scam

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/money/consumer/dont_waste_your_money/new-phone-scam-bbb-warns-of-phone-call-you-should-never-return

Do not return any cell phone calls that you do not recognize.

Thanks for the heads up.

Let the calls that you do not know go to voice mail. Most all of the time, they will not leave a message. This is a challenge when I have out of town clients, but if they do not leave a VM, most likely a scam, and I do not call them back. Tough with answering services, but apparently this is only for cell phone calls.

I would lose more than 1/2 my insurance inspections.

If you do not answer the phone the “clients” just go to the next Tom, Dick, or Harry qualified by my asinine State to do them.

Let your cell phone ring 3 to 4 times.

Snopes says this is a scam

Origins: The “one ring” telephone scam is similar in form to the venerable 809 area code scam in that both involve trying to dupe unwary phone customers into calling a foreign phone number in order to stick them with hefty charges. While the 809 scam involves sending pages, faxes, voicemails, or e-mail messages that supposedly relay important information (e.g., news about a distressed family member or a notification of prize winnings) in order to lure the recipient into calling a provided phone number, the “one ring” scam employs a simpler technique: the scammers place calls to blocks of phone numbers (sometimes with the use of robo-call devices), disconnect each call after a single ring, and hope that the owners of some of those numbers will be curious enough to call back:
Read more at What is a 'One-Ring' Scam? | Snopes.com