Cendant Mobility

Originally Posted By: gsutterfield
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Has there ever been any discussion or thought about hooking NACHI up with this organization? I understand they are one of the largest relocation providers around .

If discussed previously please tell me where .

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Cendant Mobility, part of Cendant which owns Century 21, ERA, and Coldwell Banker have a ton of our mouse pads. We hit the relo companies hard last year because they book inspections all over the country. http://www.nachi.org/mousepad.htm

Nick

Originally Posted By: dkeough

On their website they say that they are contracted thru US Inspect. My wife works for a subsidiary of Cendant and I am trying to find out who I need to talk to. She is asking around, so we will see.

Originally Posted By: bhendry

Cendant Mobility has a relationship with US Inspect per www.cendantmobility.com/supplier/inspectors.html

It seems it would take a national organization to best US Inspect. (hint?)

Bill Hendry
www.HandyHomeInspections.com

Nick

Obviously the mouse pads didn't work with them .From what I'm hearing they are tight with U. S.Inspect, and don't appear to be using anybody else. Found out today they are bringing in inspectors from 200 miles away and when I contacted them they didn't seem aware of NACHI ?

Would it not be beneficial to get us as one of their contacts ? From what I see on their web site they only have contacts in larger cities .

Looks to me like a good opportunity to have Find an inspector.US listed with them

What do ya think?

Originally Posted By: rwills

Gary and others,

If you are looking to do relo-inspections or any other for that matter for U.S. Inspect, don’t hold your breath. I contacted them last year regarding doing inspections for them in my area. here are two email I got back from Jim Firnbach:

Dear Mr. Wills-
We do subcontract Home Inspections. We prefer ASHI certified
Inspectors for a start. What area are you located in?
Thank you - Jim Firnbach

Hi Bob-
If at all possible we prefer ASHI members or candidates. At this time we have more than adequate coverage in your area. I will keep your email on file if, by any chance we ever need any help. Thanks-Jim

--
Bob Wills - MAB Chairman
BW Inspection Services
Warminster, Pa.
http://www.bwinspections.com

Bob / Nick

Looks like another area NACHI needs to get into ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

What say you

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

While I was in VA one of my top Coldwell Banker agents hadn’t used me in a while. When I finally saw her again, she said that because most of her business was from Cendant relo’s, she had to use USInspect, who she didn’t like. We figured a way around Cendant’s requirement, but I’m sure there are many other agents who haven’t.

Blaine

Would you care to share how you circumvented them , either here or you could send me a PM ?

Thanks

Gary

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont

Hi Guy’s

I think that situation could change see the USinspect thread in members only, and yes Nick and Joe do need to get involved.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

I met Cendant’s requirements a year ago. I visited Coldwell’s office. I bought them breakfast a few times. I spoke. I hung around. I visited. I mentored. In the end, it was sort of like cows staring at a passing train. Never received a single call. Not even a question. They have their faves…

Joe Farsetta

Illigitimi Non Carborundum
"Dont let the bastards grind you down..."

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

The agent simply told Cendant that the buyer did not trust “Cendant’s” home inspector.

Thanks Blaine

Just found out Cendant sent 3 different inspectors 200 miles each to inspect this home in my hometown and I would not be used since I was not a member of US Inspect ! One insp. did foundation and structure , one did electrical and mechanical plumbing etc . and a third did septic system . Cendant then informed seller they would need to pay for an inspection of the 2 fireplaces . Seller contacted me for this so I got a piece of the pie !

Wonder what those other 3 cost and who is paying in the long run ![nachi_sarcasm.gif](upload://6HQh6KbNiD73gqTNQInjrR2zeJw.gif)

Originally Posted By: dgreen1

Removed by author.

Michael Green

1-877-INSPECT/InspectorUSA

Kaesar & Blair Advertising Specialties Dealer

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Michael Green:

That is horrible! An attack on one of our members is an attack on NACHI.

Turn me loose and I'll have US Inspect drop their lawsuit against you. Let me at them.

Nick
Nice guys finish last sometimes and you're too nice of a guy.

Originally Posted By: dgreen1

Nick,

Go for it!!!!!!

--
Michael Green
1-877-INSPECT/InspectorUSA
Kaesar & Blair Advertising Specialties Dealer

Originally Posted By: pdacey

I have contacted Cendant Mobility on more than one occasion via email and phone to no avail. They seem to be happy with their arrangement with USinspect. My emails have gone unanswered and phone calls have not been returned.

I haven't tried in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll try again this week.

--
Slainte!

Patrick Dacey
swi@satx.rr.com
TREC # 6636
www.southwestinspections.com

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Youse guys are not paying close enogh attention to the heirarchy up there at U.S Inspect. Youse is wondering why they lean toward subbing out work to A$$I inspectors. If you look real close at upper tier management at their corporate office you’ll see several people that used to be home inspectors from a large national association in key positions - guess who??