Certified Master Inspector professional designation updates:

Has everybody been rejected? Is nobody good enough? Or do they need to spread the payment out over a few Years?

They are sorta like Ninjas Todd, by the time you see on it’s too late.:slight_smile:

Offering a product for sale is sinister?:frowning:

Don’t you offer something for sale every day? Your services.

Aren’t you looking to have more potential clients for your services?

And no, I don’t have anything to do with CMI, but I do have products that many home inspectors across the country use every day.

David, in answer to your question… none. Read it again slower www.EveryInspector.com

EveryInspector was created by the inspection industry for the inspection industry and has nothing to do with the real estate industry.

No need to defend yourself (I have no clue who you are or what you do) to me I am an opinionated bastard who isn’t afraid to call em’ the way I see em’, don’t like my calls, take a ticket & get in line. I just hope you are selling something a little more useful then a phony-baloney certification, or is it a smoke & mirror job with you too?

Joe B.,

Since www.EveryInspector.com was launched it has been used for very good purposes already (just this week actually) such as:

—To advertise educational events that inspectors like you might want to attend but not know about otherwise.

—To alert inspectors like you about legislative actions that might affect their businesses and that they might not know about otherwise.

—To tell inspectors like you about discounts on everything from reporting software to E&O insurance thus saving them money they might not save otherwise.

—To roll out new products and services to inspectors like you that might not otherwise benefit from the good works the vendors of our industry do for inspectors like you.

It has yet to be used to inform them that they can now earn a professional designation if they will fulfill 150 hours of continuing education, abide by a tough code of ethics, and submit to a criminal background check… but perhaps some inspectors would be incentivized to take 150 hours of continuing education if it meant they could earn a professional designation. Maybe one day we’ll use www.EveryInspector.com to inform them of this and advanced educational options.

The database merely is a tool to give inspectors information that they might find of use or not, and this inspection industry created database is already in use and continues to serve inspectors well.

Joe B… it was a vendor that wrote, sells, and supports the reporting software you use, no? It was a vendor that authored and publishes the inspection books you’ve read, no? It was a vendor that manufactured your flashlight you use on inspections, no?.. or did you make your own flashlight, bulb and batteries?

Sounds great. I have already been approved by another quasi self regulating body and have been in biz since 91. Can I be grandfathered?

Ray: No. Mostly because of the criminal background check requirement for CMI. We wanted it to be a recent check. The nice thing is that once you are a CMI your are a CMI forever. If you pass the check, abide by the COE and have completed 150 hours of continuing education in your lifetime, you never have any dues to pay… ever.

I live in Canada will that apply? The police already know me as many of my friends are police. And I know lots of criminals because I was formerly a prison guard in my earlier life. So can I still be grandfathered? Please?

:slight_smile:

Damn, I knew my murder conviction would screw things up…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

So what kind of things disqualify somoeone from CMI on the background check?

There are lots of people who did things years ago, or maybe when they were kids and they didn’t know better who have gone on to change their lives and wanted a clean start.

So. What is the criteria?

If someone has a felony conviction, according to my research, they no longer have to report it after 7 years and that is a part of their rights.

So if someone were to apply and the felony showed on their check, would they be disqualified, effectively hamstringing their civil rights?

I don’t know if a felony older than 7 years appears in a background check or not. I’ll see if I can find out how long a background check goes back in time.

I’m also building EveryRealEstateAgent.com as we speak. This will be a NACHI member exclusive and very useful to inspectors.

Cool Nick thanks. This was an issue I saw presented in other material about a similar program.

*Criminal, Federal. Criminal records are searched at the highest federal court in the district. Recommended search parameters include all districts of residence, employment, and school attendance in the previous seven years. All felony convictions, misdemeanor convictions, and related activity on record are reported. Reported activity is generally limited to seven years, but older convictions will be reported if requested and available. Open arrest warrants are also reported and generally include cases awaiting trial or charges for failure to appear. *

Wow. No privacy these days eh?

Thanks David. I don’t know why the author of the article couldn’t come up with that.

I thought we had a test requirement for CMI too…no? Didn’t Gerry come up with a test that had been created using some really specific and impressive sounding criteria for the CMI?

Florida is the largest of the seven states that permanently take away the voting rights of all felons. While other states have scaled back similar bans in recent years, Governor Bush and the Legislature call their law a necessary consequence for citizens who commit crimes…

The Supreme Court has refused to review Florida’s lifetime ban on voting rights for convicted felons, a case that would have had national implications for millions of would-be voters.

Justices declined to hear a challenge to Florida’s 19th century ban, which applies to inmates and those who have served their time and been released.

Felons are kept from voting in every state but Maine and Vermont, although restrictions vary.

How does that make sense in non-violent crimes? It doesn’t.

People make mistakes, or maybe couldn’t get good representation. Whatever the reason, if someone has paid their debt to society then they, in most cases deserve their rights back.

If we take away their ability to support themselves and their families, we place them in a never ending cycle of poverty that leads to more crimes and burden on society through the welfare system.