Certified Master Inspector - Requirements?

Poor Dan has no good hobbies so he comes into our home because he knows we put up with his Mt thoughts .
He has to dig around continually to try and find some thing to complain about with NACHI .
I think He is in love with NACHI and just can not stay away.
He loves to see how an association that cares for its members work .
I have a feeling he lives in Toronto from the way he acts .
He can not make a living doing home inspections so he likes to hang around with home Inspectors .
Dan the want to be a home inspector.
Good night dan don’t let the bugs bite .
Roy Cooke

My Iced Tea just went go down the wrong tube…:smiley::stuck_out_tongue:

Roy

You are wrong and taking this personal – If Mr Harris has some info that is relevant and not old - then put it on the table

As I see it he is just reselling yesterday’s news

rlb

Dan, yes I was certifi***ed***. But after years of arguing with them (long after I left the business) to the point where I had to take them to court Gromicko vs. DEP (first party is the plaintiff, Dan) to get their lazy state government butts to walk across the street to the building next door, pull my clearance certificate (public document) and read the date on it… I’ve learned that it is better to be the certifi***er***… hence the Master Inspector Certification Board www.certifiedmasterinspector.org Do you qualify? :slight_smile:

I guess you are correct I am taking it personal .
When some one attacks my Association continually with nothing but hog wash then you bet I will stand up and tell them what I feel.
He is not a member and if he wishes to try and make improvements he should join .
He is just a guest in our house and should not act improperly.
Roy Cooke

I stand very much corrected

Roy I guess we all should take it personally when someone hurts us when we have NOT done wrong

rlb

Thanks I feel if we all started to treat each other and there property properly the world could go back to where it was .
There was some people painting bad things on our arena and some one immediately phoned the police .
Two of the public with cell phones followed these painters and they where caught by the police.
We had two set fire to a storage shed and these two ( Different people ) where followed and reported .
If this continues to happen then we just might stop much of the Vandals and improve or world.
To ignore continues distruction and little punishment has been shown as not the way to go .
Yes I was one of the four who helped and would do it again immediately.

Roy… I respect your opinion… the thing I don’t respect is the fact that you and others in your org support the public bashing by the owner of your org and a few a******s in your org that find it necessary to bash and name calling of others in this profession, attempt to discredit and provide false information of members of other HI orgs all on an open BB.

Dan, could you give us an example of what you are talking about please?

Where you ever in politics.
You take the discusion and turn it around .
I was talking about you comming into my home and telling us how bad our home is .
If you wish to be a part of NACHI then you can help fix what you think is wrong .
It is you, who can not face up to the truth, you are invading my home and telling me,
you do not like, my home .
It is your prerogative, to not like my home, but you should not do it in my home …
Poor taste, poor education, and poor attitude.
I am sure, you wish, to help all inspectors and I welcome you doing, it but again I say have the courtesy, to treat our home the way we treat our home .
Roy Cooke

Roy

Can you please qualify what you just said . How do people from Toronto act?

Mario

I did not say that is how Toronto people act .
I said I think he lives in Toronto the way he acts .
What I was insinuating is I do not believe he is using his own Name .
We have a person who lives in Toronto who has for years continually ( and still does on another chat group ) run down NACHI,NICK, and many of its members .
His Name just happens to start with DA .
If you like I can show you in the arkhives around 1,000 posts with almost the same babbling as Dan now uses .
For your Information I was born raised and lived in Taranna ( Toronto) for 40 years my wife and 4 kids all from there and much of my familly still lives there.
I am still a member of a Toronto union for over 50 years
Roy Cooke

Dan

I figured it out you are a member of “NAHI” be honest now and tell us!!We won’t hold it against you.It’s allright with us if you do the inspections and the repairs.

Mario

P.s.Dan my offer still stands,make it to Toronto convention and I will buy you all you can drink,and lunch!!

Has NACHI designed a borchere that promotes CMI?
If not will one be designed?
If not I guess I will but I’m not very good at that sort of thing.

Mario… No I am not a nahi member. If they choose to work on homes they inspect and disclose it when doing so that’s their business… I sure don’t feel like it’s my or anybody elses business to publicly bash them for making that decision.

Quite frankly I would rather be a nahi member as nahi, unlike nick they have membership requirmements and enforce them . Unlike nick when he claims nachi members meet nachi requirements it’s very clear to an outsider that nachi does not have a clue if a member is current and if a member ever completes or completed any nachi membership requirements.

With that said I’m glad to be an ashi member where members are required, [with enforcement], to complete membership requirements thus making all the inspectors marketed to the public with me equal as ashi certified, opposed to having non-existint members or members that fail to adhear to ashis membership requirements being listed with me on the find an inspector site.

Sorry I won’t be able to make it to Toronto… if you get a chance to attend the ashi and crea combined convention in Ca this Jan the same offer stands for you.

Dan

Thanks I might take you up on it!!!

Ah Dan… I wouldn’t be talking too much about requirements if I were you. You are a member of come-only-with-cash ASHI.

Here are the rigorous technical questions they ask http://www.ashi.org/inspectors/join/candidate_application1.htm

Some are pretty tough like what credit card are you using?.. and a real toughie for you… *what gender are you? *

Get some entrance requirements at ASHI dude.

http://www.ashi.org/inspectors/join/candidate_application1.htm is the most shameful document in the inspection industry.

Dan

Is this true Dan!!!

Mario

Mario… Like anything else that nick states it’s only partially true…

If you’ve been around very long at all I’m sure you’ve seen several examples of nickey certifing and marketing any person with all other nachi members for 289.00 with out having a clue if the person exists let alone met nachi’s stated membership requirments. Not to mention he will certifiy and give free memberships to persons with the right “blood lines” while the new member pays his or her own way…

ASHIs policy is very clear and enforced… prior to ashi marketing a member as certified to the public, the member must provide proof of taking a proctored ethics and HI exam… provide proof of completing 50 or 250 inspections and provide proof on renewal of completing the required and board approved ce. No Proof no renewal

The latest nachi coe change by nickies eleitiest “failed hearing aid sales jerk” is a good laugh to ashi members seeing that he decidied to take ashis policy almost word for word reguarding marketing to real estate company. Nachi members gotta love and be proud of who decides whats best for them and their business…:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[quote=dharris]
Mario… Like anything else that nick states it’s only partially true…

If you’ve been around very long at all I’m sure you’ve seen several examples of nickey certifing and marketing any person with all other nachi members for 289.00 with out having a clue if the person exists let alone met nachi’s stated membership requirments. Not to mention he will certifiy and give free memberships to persons with the right “blood lines” while the new member pays his or her own way…

ASHIs policy is very clear and enforced… prior to ashi marketing a member as certified to the public, the member must provide proof of taking a proctored ethics and HI exam… provide proof of completing 50 or 250 inspections and provide proof on renewal of completing the required and board approved ce. No Proof no renewal

Dan;

In our state (ASHI’s Home State. Their NATIONAL headquarters is 8 miles west of my house).

I get many (3-7 per week) requests for long term, 250+ full members to come to our state CE courses and join our local Chapter. I cannot say more (for now), but keep posted for future anouncments, forthcoming!

As to the ASHI marketing requirements. That is why we have guys who to 2,200 SF SFH inspections for 45 minutes and charge $175!

As my Father used to say, “The best way to defeat your opponents is to outlive them”.

Call me for details, if you want them.