Change for a $20

Originally Posted By: jgallant
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Did an inspection today for a woman close to 90 years old. Hadn’t been able to contact her before the inspection and relied on the realtor to go over the day, time and price with her before the inspection. Had her read and sign the contract before the inspection (it listed the price of course, which was $100 higher than my normal price of $350 since I had to take a ferry to Seattle). Went over the results of the inspection afterwards and noticed there was a $20 bill on the kitchen table. She slid the bill over to me at the end and asked for change. SIGH. She though the inspection was $4.50! It took about 5 minutes to make her understand that it was $450. She’s very old and should probably be going into a home rather than buying one, so now I’m working with the realtor to get paid. He’s actually a good guy and promises to see this through. We’ll see.

-Jim Gallant

--
-Jim Gallant
Owner, All Point Home Inspections - Poulsbo, WA www.allpointinspections.com
Co-founder, ReportHost (Web-based report writing service) www.reporthost.com

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

Take the $4.50 and you might get home made cookies, knitted scarves and a kind words worth alot more than $445.50. eusa_angel.gif … well maybe not but its a nice thought.

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: jmyers

Jim,

I can see you are an experienced home inspector. What did we tell you about being careful what you say? HE HE HE

Just make sure the next time you say, four hundred and fifty, not four fifty! ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Joe Myers