Change to CMI

I hope it gets watered down some more to make it more worthless .
Just like a Roofer doing it wrong 30 years a CMI certainly can be doing it wrong for 3.

It is simply another longer logo overpriced like a cab medallion.

Something to consider. I have yet to date have had NO CLIENT ask me what it took to obtain my CMI status. I agree 3 years 1K inspections/CU’s is not enough but to be honest people only care to see the credential name (CMI) or whatever they rarely investigate it so if a change was made it would mostly be for our own satisfaction in my opinion.

If you have experience in the building trade ,heating and electrical
or former inspection service then decide to do home inspection should that not count?
Just saying . each case should be reviewed and decided on present and past experience.

Agreed. It should be raised, not lowered. Anybody that claims they have by themselves completed the CMI requirements in any significant amount of time in less than 3 years is questionable. Furthermore there is more to it than simple numbers IMHO.

Only because it mean something, but if the bar is lowered… it means less.

It’s meaningless if everyone is a “winner”.

Agreed.

With the exception of Nicks bank account - true statement. :wink:

Never got a penny from MICB. And I don’t really put any of my time into it any longer. I don’t think we get 10 applications a year. The attorney and CPA get most of what little money comes in. MICB doesn’t charge annual dues. Which brings up another point: CMI looks expensive, but if you plan on having a 10-year career, you have divide the one-time, lifetime fee by 10. When you look at it that way, it is really a money maker for the inspector.

I will say that IMO it is an excellent marketing tool.

I would say as education component maybe (but only partial hours at that… as you do do a lot of repeat work) - and a maximum of maybe 200 hours or some limit on amount that could be applied.

Why? I don’t participate in biking, but I don’t wish for those who participate to wreck their bike and stop biking.

I don’t watch or like “Dancing with the Stars”, but I don’t hope they fall and break their leg.

It makes no sense to me to have ill wishes for something you don’t participate or believe in.

Negative energy is bad for your health, Bob :neutral:

That’s funny. The list of CMI’s grew by 10 in my area in the last six months…

Maybe they’re not all real.

Home inspections are repeat work here, POS after POS :wink:

Nick said applications. No one applies. He gives them away.

BINGO !!! I agree completely. It is too low to begin with and by lowering even more or making easy “Loop Holes” or anything like that will only help to discredit the CMI status even more and begin he discredit process.

Just my opinion.

Jim

I completely agree. I have come up with my own way of marketing it in print but mostly in every live conversation with any and all prospective client and it dam near works 100& of the time (with only a very few rare exceptions) additionally it has helps to justify higher prices than all my completion. To me it is a very powerful and useful designation.

Big thanks to Nick and all who came up with this marketing tool.

Jiom

Present Examples…

Dale Duffy