Changed 07/23/05

Originally Posted By: jburkeson
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Deleted… icon_biggrin.gif

Joseph Burkeson, RPI (Hooperette)

?Anyone who has proclaimed violence his method inexorably must choose lying as his principle.?
~ Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Originally Posted By: gbell

deleted duplicate post

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: gbell

I meet Steve Gladstone a few years ago at the ITA Expo. The only inspector I know that charges at least 1200 for an inspection. Very good speaker.

Greg Bell

Bell Inspection Service

Originally Posted By: jwortham

Did I miss something in this article? It starts out with a complaint about rotted floors that were not visually accessible.

It then veers into ethics.

Did I just miss the logical transition?

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Gladstone and I used to use the same NATIONAL answering service. About 3 years ago they accidently faxed me several of his workorders by mistake. I almost cried - Several were in the 1,800 sf range and he was getting about $485 for the home inspection; $175 for the radon test; $125 for the termite inspection; $360 for the septic inspection; and about $45 for a CO test. Total about $1,190 for everything - Thats how he got $1200

He told me in his area about 60% of his inspections included radon and septic. Nice BIG ticket.

Originally Posted By: jruppert

Based on the level of responsibility and liability, in addition to the training and experience required to do the job, home inspectors should be getting this kind of money. Too often, inspectors’ sell themselves short!