Changing of the Guard - Chicago Chapter

Guys;

Any chapter that relies on the leadership (whatever the titles) is doomed.

But, if the membership helps, holds the leaders feet to the fire (but not too hard) and helps, they will succeed.

It is all about the membership. The leadership (which, I might add, is put there by the members) is only as good as those who put them there.

It isn;t about handing off responsibility. It is about putting people in leadership and then doing everything you can to help them to do their job.

Basic Structure. The ridgeboard is only as good as the rafters, top plate, studs, sill plate, foundation and footings. :mrgreen:

(Sorry, I can’t help it. I teach structure. :wink:

Yes, your right, Frank is a good guy and we have a great chapter, see you Wednesday.

Will, thanks for the reply, we have a great chapter but it could be more than it is. Frank has done a tremendous job getting this started and now we have many members who want to be involved.

Unfortunately, for Frank it like sending a child off to college, you just don’t want to let go.

JMO… of course

Well put, Will.

I like to always say it… the house is only as good as the foundation it’s put on. If the foundation is not square, plumb and true, then everything else will be a patch job!:wink:
(Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Many years of new home construction)

Very true…

Originally Posted by arussell
Well put, Will.

*I like to always say it… the house is only as good as the foundation it’s put on. If the foundation is not square, plumb and true, then everything else will be a patch job! *
(Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Many years of new home construction)

Hi to all,
Well, I see that I posted a congratulatory message to Will Decker and while I have been gone it seems to have turned into the Frank Carrio thread.

I posted my last message around 8:11 PM and then I went to have dinner with my wife and then watched a little television. Now it seems I am being chastised for not responding quickly enough to messages posted on this bulletin board and for a PM that I never received.

v Well I hate to break the bad news to all of you but I do have a personal life, and my entire life does not revolve around the NACHI bulletin board, and I do not spend my entire life glued to the computer to see “who said what about who”.

Yes Peter while I was having dinner with my wife and watching television it seems that I did receive your e-mail but I have also received “e-mail notifications” of every message posted on this thread and they are a few. I just sat down at my computer and saw the long list.

It is after midnight and I don’t think that I’m going to stand the next two or three hours bantering back-and-forth on this bulletin board.

I will say that I am disappointed in the way that the “negative tone” of this thread has gone.

It is nice to know who your friends are.

PS:
Good night to all!

I guess you missed that one Frank, sorry you yook it Completely the Wrong Way!!!