Chapter Awards

I am toying with the idea of promoting Award Citations to Chapters nominated on a Monthly Basis.
I strongly feel that Chapters should monitor their performance and if they believe they excel in whatever, they should be recognized. Below is a copy of the requirements as of the past for an Award.

Introduction

The Chapter Recognition Award Program was created to recognize annual outstanding chapter achievement. The guidelines for participation and the accomplishments of recognized chapters may serve as a benchmark against which other chapters can measure themselves. It is our intention that the Award program inspire all chapters to higher levels of activity and excellence. Participation in this awards program is voluntary.

Description of the Award Program

Recognition awards are presented in four categories: (Items 1 thru 3 may be issued more than once for each chapter. But only 1 certificate per item per month for each chapter applying and being approved by the NACHI Awards Committee.). Item 4 is issued to one Chapter per year.

1. Outstanding Chapter Programming. (Certificate issued)
  2. Advancing the Home Inspection Profession. (Certificate issued)
  3. Outstanding Member Services. (Certificate issued)
  4. Overall Chapter Excellence. Plaque or Trophy, (Presented once a year at the National Convention).

Chapters may submit for any of the first three awards at any time during the calendar year. The award for Overall Chapter Excellence is presented to the chapter that performs best overall in the first three categories.

Eligibility.

In order to qualify for a recognition award, your chapter must submit the online submission form to the NACHI Awards Committee with all supporting documentation to substantiate your chapter award submission. If your chapter’s submission is received without the proper documentation, it will not be considered.

Entries are for the period of January 1, 2006to December 31, 2007. The same eligibility would be required, but Nominations would be forwarded to the Award Committee on a Monthly basis, and a Citation Award would be issued for that Chapter for the month. At the end of the Year, all 12 chapters having received Citations would be Nominated for the Years Award. I would be interested in your thoughts to this matter.

Thanks,

Marcel :slight_smile:
Award Committee Chairman

</IMG>

What happened to last year’s nominations?

Hi. James;

This is merely a idea I am toying with and trying to find out what interest there would be in doing so.

Not quite sure what you are asking me, and I believe that last year, there was one Award presented.

My thoughts would be to present a Citation on a monthly basis for Chapters showing excelled performance.

Logically, there would be 12 Citation a year Awarded and all twelve there again could Compete for the Year Award.

Just need some views on the topic.

Thanks.

Marcel
Awards Committee Chairman