Cheap Inspections!

:smiley:

Must agree.

Congrats on the renewed success Gary!

You paid the flipper to inspect his home? :wink:

My fee for a 1,900 sq ft SFR is $445.00, and some times my prices scare away price shoppers. But I explain to them that there typically is a reason that the cheaper inspector is charging so much less. Certainly a new inspector, just out of school, is not as skilled or qualified as a 15 year veteran, and their prices should be cheaper. It is not about marketing the home inspection as a commodity, but marketing your skill and expertise over your competition. And honestly when I was a newer inspector, I had lower prices too. In fact I had an agent tell me that I was too cheap. He explained that he liked my work, and thought I was a good inspector, but when he tried to refer me to other agents in his office, they wanted to know what was wrong with me. They saw my fee schedule, and assumed I was a horrible inspector. Needless to say the fee schedule changed over night. :slight_smile:

Its nice to hear how the good markets are going. Try and survive in my market. Here where I live in michigan things are about as bad as anywhere. I tried to be the cheap guy and also tried the good versus cheap thing.

Nothing has brought strong business in this area. I here about the 3 a day guys and some how don’t see where that work is comming from.

I have quit cheap and now still feel its not enough that I charge sometimes. I have to travel at least thirty miles for work all the time. The expense is killing me but I cannot afford a better gas milage truck at this time. I am still making back what I have spent on equipment. Its all paid for and work is only steady.

I will stay with the higher price but at what loss?

Good for you Gary!

It’s great to see you posting positive things rather than doom and gloom. Keep it up!

My business is up over 40% from last year and I am competing with NACHI inspectors charging $225.00 any size home up to 4000 sq ft. My base fee is $250.00, I am not going to lower it and starts wrestling with the people who are trying to be the local inspection walmart. I will remain the premier home inspection company in central Florida and my pricing will continue to reflect that.