Chicago Area Chapter Meeting

Originally Posted By: wdecker
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

This is a copy of a post from the members only board, posted here in the hope that it will reach more Chicago area NACHI members.

In case there are some Chicago area members who have not heard, we are having a big meeting for Chicago area inspectors to kick off the local NACHI chapter.

It will be held at the Hillside Holiday in and 4400 Frontage Road, in Hillside, IL. Hillside is right off I-90 (The Eisenhower Expressway), exit Wolf road if coming from the east or Manheim road if coming from the west.

If coming on I-294 (Tri State Tollway), exit to I-90 east and look for the Manheim exit. If coming up the Ryan or down the Kennedy (I-94), get on the westbound Eisenhower (I-90) and go west and exit on Wolf Road. The Holiday Inn is righ there on the expressway frontage road to the north of the expressway.

There will be a dinner and a cash bar.

There will be a raffle held. We are getting some prises that are donated from local business and the grand prize is an inspectors kit, including:

Real cool tool tote bag by Husky, complete with water bottle and item box.
Multimeter tested for electrical testing.
Combustable gas detector.
Infrared Thermometer
Knee pads.
Extendable ladder

The above has a retail value in excess of $500.00 and was donated by a local hardware store.

Raffle tickest are $20.00 and you can enter more tan once. All proceeds go to supporting the Chciago NACHI Chapter.

All Chicago Area NACHI members welcome.

Thanks for the billboard.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

What, no takers?

Will Decker

Decker Home Services

Skokie, IL 60076

Copied from the Members only section.

Just got a response on another door prize for our June meeting.

Rand Mcnally has donated a free (gift certificate) for one of theri new products, the Custom View Map. I have one and it is a great help to me. Here's how I use it.

You go to their web site :http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/custViewMaps/cvmStart.jsp?CVMID=KINKOS&cvmSkinENGINE=CVM&amp DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;BV_SessionID=@@@@0061415698.1117811994@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceaddekfklehlcefecggfdffhdgjk.0&cmty=0

and enter your business's address (in my case, my house). The system than makes a custom map for you and you get to choose how far from your address you want it to be (10 miles, 20 miles) with your address in the center.

Once you have this set, you have the map printed. In some cities, you go to the nearest Kinko's and they will print the map out for you there (three sizes, from 24" x 30" to 46" x 60") or they will FedEx it to you.

Hang the map on your office wall. When you get an inspection, put a Green pin in the map at the location. When you see an area with new construction, put a yellow pin in that address. When you go to an open house, put a black pin in at that address. Use other color pins for Realtor's offices, mortgage brokers and the like.

In this way, I get a clear (visual) view of my working area. Where are the Realtor's and where are their areas and where do they have listings, sales, etc. Where is the new housing going up, so that I can flood the area with builder's warranty inspection flyers in about 10 months? Where do I do the most business? What are the various zipcodes (included on the map) of my working area? How do the demographics (race, income, social culture) of my working area match with my inspection frequency?

This is REAL market analysis. It is also in a form (visual) that is easy to examine and evaluate and react to. This has allowed me to average 12.2 inspections a month (and growing) for my first 4 1/2 months of doing inspections. BIG help.

This will be one of our raffle prises for the Chicago Area NACHI meeting on June 9th, at 6:00 PM at the Hillside Holiday Inn, 4400 Frontage Road, Hillside, IL. along with many others, including a (fairly) complete home inspectors tool kit.

You don't have to be a NACHI member to attend.

See you there.

(Whew, shameless self-promotion is hard work!

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076