Chimney crack and roof

Is there a way to digitally scan a roof or chimney to find a leak?

Not sure what that is.

Thermal imaging, moisture meters. etc. would be helpful tools along with a close inspection. Chimney sweeps employ other tools as well.

2 Likes

Hey Brian thanks for the quick response. I have a moisture meter and it is detecting water as well as I can see the discoloration in the wall and at the ceiling. Is there any way to do like a digital scan to actually determine where the issue is? I don’t know if the problem lies within the roof or the chimney of the structure itself. Its only reading at the spot at my chimney, however I have had tuck pointing done, new flashing installed when I got a new roof, sealants, and still its leaking

1 Like

like thermal imaging

Post a pic of the chimney, chimney flashing.

3 Likes

Your moisture meter has done its job, your roofer or mason has not. We also have chimney flue, crown or chase cover, cricket etc. to consider. As @sbridges2 has stated, we are flying blind.

1 Like

attachments.zip (23.1 MB)
Here are the images

1 Like

I will not unzip a file from a stranger, sorry. Just upload individual photos please.

2 Likes

Possible entry point.

Possible entry point if not flashed properly.

This is an important photo.
Too bad its not in focus.

1 Like

I would hire a chimney sweep personally. I believe a good one can evaluate all of this.

I do not and have not used my chimney since I bought the home in 2015. But I will try that thanks, Brian and thank you as well Scott.

1 Like

Thermography.