Christmas question for Newbies

Yes sir, I agree.

1. turn it off. 2. check main water valve. 3. if on advise owner to have it checked. 4. if off turn on and try again.
    (If no visible smoke or risk of electrical fire)

Younger Inspectors, sometimes you just need to hit the button on other’s. 51ROmia2WYL.AC_SY400_ML1

I would not turn on a valve that was off.

But there is a huge risk of flooding the house.

I think, firstly, I turn off the dishwasher from the network and then or call my husband, or call the master :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Welcome to our forum, Brad. Hope to hear from you more. :smile:

Agreed, I was answering more as a “homeowner” i guess. so as an inspector, i would shut it off and advise that it could be due to the water being turned off and that they might check it. :wink:

Alright young Inspectors, I want you to think of the Circuit Amperage Rating.

Now think … [Is it 15, … Is it 20]?

I’ll give you a hint (it may or may not have something to do with a dedicated circuit).

Sometimes the answer is right in front of you.

I would like to hear your thoughts. Could have a Garbage disposal and then again, it may not.

I’m not holding your hand on this one.

Size does matter :smiley:

Simon Rechkin, wtf are you talking about ?

SA circuits, what did you think I was talking about ?

wallpapers-with-attitude-quotes

Maybe you need to take a break. I fail to see where this is helping anyone, new inspectors included.

Why is the website link dead

brokeback2-300x192 (1)
Chuck Evans, alright then. Pretty for sure you’re not a newbie (Even though I have a few years on you being an Inspector).

Everybody has their own way of teaching and everyone has their own way of learning.

I was going somewhere with this (teaching newer ones) and just like Old Times, it’s attack Old Michael.

Nah, It ain’t happening.

Since you’re so high and mighty with InterNACHI (secret police) why don’t you take over and teach these newer guys, what I was trying to teach them. Heck, with your intellect you oughta be able to just jump on in there and take over for me.

I gave the answer in my last post to the new guys. These Inspectors today for the most part are soft, where they can’t figure stuff out on their own without having somebody on a Facebook forum do their job for them. Then there are those Inspectors who think on their own and even have a guy like me saying: Okay, you’re good.

When you teach these guys Chuck, don’t leave them guessing like … Uh (duh), who would I refer to anyway? I’m thinking plumber but I’m like (duh). Yeah, it would’ve been better for me to finish off my Christmas gift to these newer Inspectors than to have a couple of glory hounds, stepping on my toes.

I tried and tried looking past you, over the years … because I do respect you. If you wasn’t so far away, I’d punch you in the nose for putting your nose in my business.
nose-punch_med

With that being said Chuck Evans, I wish you a very Merry Christmas.

Nah, ain’t happening Marc. It’s Christmas. You remind me of that guy on the Smurfs. You know … the one I wanna kick right now.
5233217_orig

83df5cc1cd2faa8b120b7434e6e93cb3885ca976f33a7b551963d6709a3cd75c

What the hell did I say that offended you.
I just said

Then get back is insults & big shot dumb stuff.

So…, Why is your website link dead?

Sure you would. I live a above 8,600ft elevation. My money says you’d pass out just trying to stand up.

Like I said, maybe you need to take a break. you’re not stable.