Citizens 4PT 2018 fillable

I find it starnage that people are scrambling to make PDF fillables when interNACHI coud have an app , software or promote somebody that provides it. We stopped using PPDF fillables years ago. Mobile based formats are the way to go for time & effeciency. Load the information and it makes it a pdf and comresses it , email it onsite and done.

Disagree!

Ok, some of us move with technology. My phone can do more than a computer now anywhere anytime. Windows is outdated, fillablles are outdated, thanks to people like Spectora and others homework will be a thing of the past

Your phone is a computer but a cut down version…

You are really delusional…:smiley:
So! You learned how to use some sort of software and now your king…Bull!
I had my first PC about 1980 or early. I believe it was an IBM 8088.
You phone doesn’t have the capacity of any new desktop and/or laptop…

There are android apps for XML fillable PDF templates, if you want to use a phone or tablet. I prefer not to use a mobile device. Too clunky and hard to insert permits and other docs. I can do these on a 27" monitor in about 15 minutes.

Roy, Did not just learn how to use some software. Not sure how you figure the new smart phones are not as capable. I use a tablet which is the same format, I can print from my mobile devices, use pdf forms, use excel & word, scan, search the web, email. Can even send & receive files from the cloud. Maybe you just don’t know how to unlock it’s capability. I’m not here to sell you on it because thousands of other inspectors can’t be wrong. Don’t confuse delusional with smart.

It’s easy to download the documents or photos to load them n the report.
Have had window companies email me the NOA onsite and slap it right in. Everyone is different just sayin.

1 Like

Got to go with Waynzo on this one, not even debatable. Anything other than in the field production and delivery a Wind Certificate is antiquated with today’s tech in our hands. I think it was over 5 years since I took a WM back to the office to finish it. I’ll put my system up to any inspectors on this board. No Adobe this or that and no vendor pmts.
Boom !

I have never been a fan of taking photos with my phone or tablet. I’ve tried it…not for me. I also save the camera photos in the client file for future use if needed. I really don’t see how this saves any time. My wind mits are 30 min max on site, and 15 min for the report. For those that have the luxury of using a vendor’s app for report generation, I’m sure they charge for that convenience.

1 Like

Do any vendors have this new form out yet?
Do they have a combo wm/4_point form?
Do they have a home inspection/wm/4-point form?

I have all of my versions fully operational.

Also, do these vendor versions allow you to insert the photos on site and save/resize them at the same time?

I don’t recall ever having to “insert a permit”.

All of the permit information is already entered into the form prior to me even going to the property.

Whatever works for anyone is their business. If you are happy with it, great.

I do not like to be at the mercy of others (vendors). It is why I started writing my own programs in 1998 and have never looked back…

I take photos with my camera and it uses a wifi card to transmit images to my tablet for loding into the report. Later on I take all my photos and send themto a cioud file. Do use my tablet to take some photos and it does it very well especially hard to reach water heater data plates.

I would agree that you can do it better generating the report with software. The issue I have, I don’t have total control. I want to be able to update it, and lay it out how I want. We use report software and mobile software, but we have numerous forms that I want them the way I want. That is why I use PDFs for 1802, four point(multiple types), roof certs, MIT forms and WDOs. Nobody has given me the ability to create them all. Don’t tell me that they have most, because most doesn’t cut it. I need all of those forms. Since I deliver my home inspections in PDF it only makes sense to deliver the other forms the exact same way.

I agree that many of my pictures(attic) are much better with a camera and easier also. Filling out a form does not take much time, less than it would to try to get a proper clip picture with a tablet and it is probably safer.

If you find a system that works for you, great. It doesn’t mean that it would be better for everyone else.

Form

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Citizens%20Four%20Point%20New%202018%20NACHI%202018%20LC4Ext.pdf?token=AWwexkqh615nEEXUz4rcJ0azPdzH6YEF0P_C37deO0qWhWsffh8cGuXlEXQZnKOP0pZ-QK0gbPyBKxjIAp8n0tIBKFTbcy2yt_XAx-iFGGgqQ3G0YuRctE0kkeyiu74HoNnj5OT8NTlNEoEpeF4FRaaS

Hey Eric, I was having trouble downloading this one. I downloaded the first version and it worked well. The only issue I had was when I labeled my pictures, it copied the same label on each of the next pages. Also I think an additional page for pictures would be perfect.

Other then that thank you for designing this.

I think you are referring to John.
My version has been extensively modified and is part of my home inspection template.

Yes.

We have a combined wind mitigation, 4-Point, and Roof inspection. Click (or tap) a button to turn on or off whichever reports you want or don’t want. The number of pictures is up to the inspector If more pictures are needed, click (or tap) a button to add picture rows. Picture rows are either three across, or two across. They can be added in any combination. We also have a single picture on a page option for the inspectors who want to put a picture of a permit or NOA.

Our reports also have condition and comments sections. As with the pictures, it is matter of clicking (or tapping) a button to add more sections.

I agree that to be competitive, inspectors need to complete reports as efficiently as possible. Most of my customers complete their inspection reports in the field.

Which apps?

I don’t use these personally, but I think it still works.

qPDF Notes Pro PDF Reader - Android Apps on Google Play

I also think Adobe Acrobat Pro Reader DC works with a subscription.

Thanks, I have the 4 Point, I was looking for input/thoughts on the items that have been added. i.e. on the plumbing with the appliances and the HVAC and who is responsible for moving the appliances so on?

Thank you,

Charlene Mciver
Home Inspector

I have never moved an appliance. can normally get the pict just by leaning with the camera. If build in and I can’t get photo then I can’t get. I don’t know what they will say about that now days. I just quoted some guy 100 for wind mit and 150 for the new 4 point and he said he didn’t need that and just wanted the cheapest price I said well thats NOT me have a great day. Gotta love licensing :frowning: