Citizen's additional electrical form

Is anybody starting to have issues with Citizen’s requiring that an electrical form be completed by an electrician? I’ve done several 4 Points for Citizen’s in the past with no problem but recently they have been insisting that an Electrical Form be completed by an Electrician in addition to the four point. I’ve told the agents that InterNachi inspectors that have completed the electrical course can perform the inspections. One client said it is because of the economy and the possibility of fraud??? I was just wondering if this is something new?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

William Key
William Key, Inc

I do several of these a month and have not had them come back yet. The biggest problem I run into is they want dates of “recent” up dates even when it has been 20 or 30 years ago.

Maybe there is someone new there. I have another one that the agent said they always require an electrician sign-off and to expect to get it kicked back. I’m just wondering “whassup” all of a sudden!

William Key

That form will only get you into trouble, the first question is real tough to answer.

Ha! I think the interpertation of all these forms are “in the eyes of the beholder”. I saw your post where you will be at the Orlando meeting. I’m looking forward to seeing some of the inspectors that we met in Largo and meeting some new ones.

Thanks to both of you for your responses.

William Key
www.wkeyinspections.com

I do several four points every week and never have a problem.

Here is the approved form: www.nachi.org/4point.htm

After talking more to the customer I think it’s the agent that won’t submit it without the electrical form, even though we used the InterNachi approved form. I directed them to the Internachi link and the following informational email on the Citizen’s Website. I think the requirements are pretty clear. It was posted May 2009. Maybe this will help anyone that has the same problem in the future.
https://www.citizensfla.com/includes/openfile2.cfm?file=/shared/training/quick_ref_guides/InspectionRequirements.pdf&delete=false

Thanks,
William Key
www.wkeyinspections.com

Is that the form that states that the form it’s self is not required?:smiley: