Citizens has a new Four Point requirement

James just take the nachi electrical course and include that info. shoot me an email and I will send you the sample 4 point.

Although the State, has given everyone until March to get their licensing in order, it has been a requirement, to be licensed, since July 1st 2010. The State is just not going to enforce unlicensed activity until after July1st 2011. So what Citizens is doing, and what any other company could do, is just asking us to comply with existing law.

That isn’t true. They were breaking the law since it took effect until October of last year. Now they are trying to circumvent the law.

The law is very clear on who can perform a home inspection and all of these other inspections as the components inspected, fall under the components listed in a home inspection.

They can call them what they want…you aren’t inspecting an electrical system on the moon!

Sean,

Two things. First your link to your website in your profile does not work. And two - how can they enforce a law when then have not put the standards of practice in place. Right now we have nothing to inspect to except our respective association standards. And not everyone belongs to the same association. Some people dont belong to any association. So what is everyone inspecting to.

What isn’t true? The licensing of Home inspectors, took effect last year on July 1st 2010. The state gave existing inspectors until Mar 1st to get in there paperwork. Unlicensed activity can be prosecuted after July 1st 2011. the fact that Citizens wont accept a report from someone without a license, just means they are complying with the law.

They were not accepting wind mitigation inspections unless you were a member of a certain organization. Even if you met the qualifications set forth in the law.

From an august 25, 2010 e mail:

Which prompted this question from me:

Until October, they were breaking the law. I suspect my inquiry had something to do with it.

What is their excuse now for preventing licensed home inspectors from performing Wind Mitigation reinspections? From the reports I have it wasn’t home inspectors screwing up the inspections but the GC’s and the Adjusters who caused the problems, who were hired in the first place by Mike Rowan.

Just imagine for a second if Citizens set up a company to replace roofs and refused to allow licensed roofers to work on policyholders properties unless they worked under their umbrella company. The roofers & home builders would be camped out in Tallahassee with torches & pitchforks.

And all the while not even a peep out of any of the home inspection associations in Florida who purport to represent independent home inspectors. Go figure.

Their requirement to be a member of a home inspection organization to perform 4-points and roof certs is also questionable. Evidently, Citizens seems to think that the can overwrite existing law. We will soon see about that.

Here is a link to their requirements: Citizens

Here was my latest inquiry:

wsiegel writes:

In Florida, nearly all home inspectors belong to InterNACHI.

Michael Meeker writes:

Correct.

[quote=“gromicko, post:29, topic:54612”]

wsiegel writes: In Florida, nearly all home inspectors belong to InterNACHI.

Nick,

Can you please show me some documentation to support this?

Nick,
Do you have any actual numbers to back up that statement?