CIVIL JUSTICE compliments ASHI and NACHI, but not NAHI.

Originally Posted By: gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Civil Justice publicly complimented ASHI & NACHI’s stand against bribing real estate agents in a case brought by Civil Justice under the Consumer Fraud Act.

I also personally compliment ASHI and NACHI for their high ethical standards.

http://www.nachi.org/nahiscum.htm

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I much prefer email to private messages.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

This Civil Justice complaint and NAHI’s willingness to permit inspectors to bribe agents is making big waves in the Real Estate Community. It is what all the brokers are talking about. They are reminding their agents not to take bribes from NAHI inspectors. Not great marketing for NAHI inspectors icon_lol.gif . I love it!

Nick Gromicko

Founder

dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: wdecker

Nick;

Who, exactly, is 'Civil Justice'. Is this a private group or a states attorney?

Thanks;

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

the garbage.

Anyway, we're getting much help from real estate brokers who are warning their agents about NAHI inspectors. The case is getting a lot of play in the real estate community.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

gromicko wrote:

Anyway, we're getting much help from real estate brokers who are warning their agents about NAHI inspectors. The case is getting a lot of play in the real estate community.

This would make a great article in the newsletter being sent to those in the NACHI data base, you think?

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

NAR’s attorneys got wind of NAHI and this complaint under the Consumer Fraud Act and went wild. I get to sit on the sidelines for this one.

I do have to commend ASHI for doing what is right. When they're right, they're right.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: jbushart

Nick,

While ASHI's public stance is understandably ethical, I'm not too sure about where they stand on this behind closed doors. Noting that NAHI is made up of many ASHI Candidates that are between inspections 100 and 249 and are using these paid-for inspections to achieve their ASHI Member status, how likely is it they stop paying real estate agents for referrals at inspection 251?

Has anyone heard the results of the ASHI investigation into the real estate agent referral purchases made by their former president and others in Nebraska?

--
Home Inspection Services of Missouri
www.missourihomeinspection.com

"We're NACHI. Get over it."

www.monachi.org

Well, I view individual actions to be something different than what fake NAHI does as a National trade association. But no, I don’t know anything about that particular issue.

I do know that NAHI's stupid board of directors put out a statement similar to the one Jim Morrison put out... that the publicly filed complaint didn't exist and was a Nick Gromicko membership-drive stunt.

Well it does exists as does Civil Justice... http://www.nachi.org/nahiscum.htm

Get the egg scrapper out for NAHI's BOD and Morrison.

![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

NAHI's BOD was so sure I concocted the whole story that they didn't even think to check the public record to see if it was true before they started saying there is no suit.

Give every member of NAHI's BOD a big egg scrapper for their faces.

Now even NAR's attorneys are putting out warnings on NAHI.

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

I have to thank Jim Morrisson who told NAHI’s BOD that the Civil Justice complaint didin’t exist. They believed Jim instead of me and put out a public statement that the entire Civil Justice complaint was a fairy tale I made up.

Two days later I sent a copy of the Civil Justice complaint to NAHI's BOD. They almost pooped their pants.

Thanks Jim!

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

You must have forgot to post the complaint against NAHI. On what I downloaded I saw nothing even remotely connected to NAHI - nor did I see any mention of ASHI or NACHI at ALL.

All I see is a homebuyers complaint against an Inspection Company where they throw s#!t at everybody and hope something lands somewhere. I've seen many similar lawsuits against other inspectors and Franchisee's over the past 26 years.

and they really are nice compliments in this public document. NAHI is left out for obvious reasons stated above …Read carefully what the Consumer Fraud Complaint is alledging (Civil Justice doesn’t do all this over one homebuyer…it is much bigger than one consumer) This is an ethics issue showing unethical inspectors searching for a home (association)… well they found a home.

This suit was filed on behalf of a consumer (as the plaintif) but the complaint was filed by Civil Justice (page 2).

--
Nick Gromicko
Founder
dues=79cents/day.

Originally Posted By: dbowers

Its just a NAME. The web site for “Civil Justice” indicates they are a Consortium Program from the University of Maryland that provides legal aid or services for low to middle income people.

It looks like they tout ASHI and NACHI to buck up their lawsuit.

I think there was a couple of posts on this web site in the past 1-2 months about inspectors being on some preferred lists AND I think they were ASHI guys if memory serves me correctly. I don't remember all this excitement then.