Classic

Originally Posted By: psmothers
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Check out this note the home owner left on the switch to the whole house fan. . Needless to say I did not flip the switch!

Sorry its so big I wanted to be sure you could read it!
The house was for sale "As Is."

![](upload://mP4XsjEuc9PaTkyP6449zoaDSnD.jpeg)

--
Foxe Smothers

"Its not a matter of will we rebuilt it is matter of how soon..."

"A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Originally Posted By: Jay Moge

at least you got a note. icon_cool.gif

Originally Posted By: dedwards

I once did an inspection in a vacant house and taped to the kitchen cabinet was a hugh note saying “The roof does not leak!” It was a lie. There was a hole you could drop a cat through and never touch the sides. Of course I immediately was suspicious so when I went into one of the bedrooms, there was a bed shoved up against the wall directly under a window (which was odd because they didn’t shove it up with the headboard against the wall but rather the side of the bed) This was the only piece of furniture in the entire house so it was out of place. Just so happens we were having a gully washer storm and I pulled by the curtains to find water running down the inside of the window coming out of the header. There was a suspended ceiling so I lifted up one of the panels. That is when I found the giant hole. The roof had recently been replaced, but instead of fixing the rotted out wood, they tried to pour hot tar into this hole. It was a hellava mess. I had to laugh out loud when I saw that note. That was only one of numerous equally appalling discrepancies.