Clayton & Lambert

Any help getting an age of a Clayton and lambert hot water heater? Just curious at this point.

My guess would be 2012 but it sure looks older than that.

Ancient, probably original to the home.

1 Like

You’re joking right? Just because you see a 12 in the SN you honestly think it was manufactured 9 yrs ago lol ?

1 Like

And your guess?.. yup I thought so ZERO. I have no information on this water heater and I’m not familiar with the brand. So when was in manufactured?

1 Like

Well, if we’re guessing, I’d say 50+ years old. :smile:

3 Likes

It’s old. Old enough I’ve never seen one.

2 Likes

The home was built in 1958. I’m guessing it’s at least that old.

2 Likes

21st week of 1927

3 Likes

They waited 31 years to install it. :smile:

3 Likes

It sat in the supply house for 31 years

3 Likes

Just wanted to see what would happen.
I guess I’m not good at playing WAFI… … …

3 Likes

FWIW, any time I see a metal manufactures data plate I known it’s more than 30 years old. Many times the unit is 40 to 50 years old. All I or my client needs to know is that the unit is way past it’s design life and replacement should be anticipated.

3 Likes

An advertisement from 1947

2 Likes

I would agree, However most likely this old WH (Work Horse) would outlast any (replacement) unit manufactured today.

2 Likes

Agree… especially when the metal data plate and manufacturers medallions are affixed with ‘screws’, and then later followed by rivets, ie. 1960s-1970s!

1 Like

From Clayton & Lambert’s about page “ The warm air pipe and duct and water heater lines were perfected and sold in the late 1950’s and early 1960’s.”

2 Likes