Client wants a new water heater

That’s it, I am reporting all or your posts.

This is a no brainer, in my opinion. You stated in the report the condition of the water heater. You also have the “10 day” compaint notification stipulation mentioned. Your client has not respected the agreement and has no case. Expect to be brought to court. We all know this is part of the deal. Unfortunately, we live in a very litigious society. Everyone wants to screw someone. I guess it makes them feel more powerful. You will prevail should a court appearance be required. Keep the faith. Just part of the game.

Maybe I did not follow the time line just right, but it seems like they were sitting there with a leaking water heater for more than a couple of days and the plumber still had not been there. This whole thing smells and that does not include the mold from under the water heater and the soaked carpet and …

Wow! I guess.

Look at the moderation log…

http://www.nachi.org/forum/moderationlog.php

Four (4) posts from today, Two (2) from yesterday.

Where have all the posters gone?

Dear Sir:

You’ve indicated your water heater has started leaking. It wasn’t leaking when I was there. In reviewing your report, I see I told you it was old and nearing the end of its life and recommended replacement soon. From what I can tell its done what I told you it might - DIE. So replace it.

As you know from our verbal conversations, the pre-inspection agreement signed by you, and the report itself, the visual home inspection is based upon the “Standards-of-Practice” of InterNACHI. The iNACHI “Standards” are the industry standard by which the home inspection was performed. I have reviewed the inspection report, the written inspection agreement signed by you, the conversations with you and your faithful concubinne (Greszelda).On the basis of the above, I am led to conclude that the inspection was conducted properly and in accordance with industry standards and according to our inspection agreement with you.
Therefore I would like to cordially suggest that if you disagree, you file for an Arbitration Hearing as per the terms of our inspection agreement.
*Sincerely, *
*The Home Inspector (not your Adoptive Parents) *

All busy reading the other crap

You did everything right , made them aware , , from the moment the moved the ubit it became somme body elses problem , I wouild have just refered them to the exact area of the contrctt and on the inspection report and told them if there were any fuither questions they should contact a attorny. I have never lost a case because as you I allways follow the rules and attorneys do not work fror free , if there isn’t any money in left in the till the attorney will tell them so. It sounde like they bought a problem house and are regretting it even though you told them so. Stand your ground and from this point forward do everything in writing !!! and keep a log !!