clips or other

Arent we all approved inspector’s? Are you saying Citizens wont accept inspections from State Certified Inspector’s, G.C’s, or engineers in the near future?

No discount at all for a strap unless it has three nails on front and one on the back? What about two nails on each side, no discount either?

Citizens Outreach

thats just for reinspections. Glenn was saying that the outreach program will be going retail and that Citizens would’t accept inspections from anyone not subcontracted under an outreach company.

I would guess that this was phase one. What Glenn is referring to is phase two, and phase three, just my opinion, a massive increase in rate as well as a reduction of every discount available, and dropping of numerous policies.

For the reinspection program, this is phase three. The pilot program(Phase 1) started 2 yrs ago.

I was referring to the phases of the overall ripoff program.

HAHA. You’re not a fan of mental masturbation, huh?

Na, if you want a job done right…:smiley:

Sorry, was out doing outreach wind reinspections…do clarify a few posts:

1. strap wrapped 2 nails on 1 side, 2 nails on back under outreach with Citizens is marked other, and I surmise all the guidelines they have set forth under this reinspection program will be their guidelines for their new business inspections as well.

2. The retail program Citizens is rolling out is to set up a network of inspectors trained BY Citizens either previously under either the current outreach program or trained at a future time when signing up to be an approved inspector. I am not 100% sure of how this will work, ie whether Citizens will no longer accept inspections from the general open market if not under their ‘approved inspector’ list…or if it just means that if it is done by an ‘approved inspector’, then you as an inspector are basically guaranteed not to have rejections from their underwriting department as to what it is they are looking for?

I know from another post in the FL section that Nick he had submitted an official bid request to Citizens for InterNACHI to be their sole provider or one of the sole providers of approved inspectors. But I also know Inspection Depot whom I am subcontracting under also did, and I am sure various other large firms did as well. Not sure if it will be just one, or multiple firms selected for this, as the volume in new business policies Citizens is getting right now is large, somewhere on the magnitude of 12,000 a month I believe from what Nick’s post provided. Sorry I don’t have any official inside word on exactly how their retail program will work, but it is coming, and there are going to be guidelines for it, it is big brother after all…Its been in the works since last year, as I contacted their director of underwriting in email about how to get on it as I saw a powerpoint slide they presented to the Florida Dept of Insurance on what their future plans were for 2011-2012 moving forward. Sorta got the wait and see reply, but it is coming, this was from a Miami Herald news article online from June:

Q. Can a homeowner challenge an inspection and ask that their inspection report be used instead of Citizens’ Inspector?
A. homeowner can dispute Citizens inspection findings by submitting documentation that clearly refutes the information collected during Citizens inspection. The findings of an inspection purchased by a homeowner generally will not supersede the findings of a Citizens inspection because a majority of homeowner purchased inspections do not include the same level of detail that a Citizens inspection contains nor the same documentation such as photographs to support the inspection findings. Photographs were only recently required to be submitted with wind mitigation inspections on June 1, 2010, so many of the homeowner inspections Citizens has on file have no supporting documentation accompanying them.
Citizens inspections go through a thorough quality review process and will document all of the wind mitigation features of the home including photographs of each feature where applicable. The inspection will also include the inspectors comments on each mitigation feature, which provides Citizens and homeowners insight into how the inspector arrived at his findings. This is not normally found in wind mitigation inspections purchased by homeowners

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/03/2198884/when-company-inspectors-come-calling.html#ixzz1Qnb5or9J

Will verify with Citizens, Thanks

[quote=“gfricke, post:30, topic:60519”]

Sorry, was out doing outreach wind reinspections…do clarify a few posts:

1. strap wrapped 2 nails on 1 side, 2 nails on back under outreach with Citizens is marked other, and I surmise all the guidelines they have set forth under this reinspection program will be their guidelines for their new business inspections as well.

Q. Can a homeowner challenge an inspection and ask that their inspection report be used instead of Citizens’ Inspector?
A. homeowner can dispute Citizens inspection findings by submitting documentation that clearly refutes the information collected during Citizens inspection. The findings of an inspection purchased by a homeowner generally will not supersede the findings of a Citizens inspection because a majority of homeowner purchased inspections do not include the same level of detail that a Citizens inspection contains nor the same documentation such as photographs to support the inspection findings. Photographs were only recently required to be submitted with wind mitigation inspections on June 1, 2010, so many of the homeowner inspections Citizens has on file have no supporting documentation accompanying them.
Citizens inspections go through a thorough quality review process and will document all of the wind mitigation features of the home including photographs of each feature where applicable. The inspection will also include the inspectors comments on each mitigation feature, which provides Citizens and homeowners insight into how the inspector arrived at his findings. This is not normally found in wind mitigation inspections purchased by homeowners

[

My inspections have ALWAYS included pictures. I place comments where needed and when needed. I have disputed re inspections on several occasions. and usually prevail, unless I or my inspector was wrong:mrgreen:. All of our inspections go through a review process also and not by someone who was hired last week. :twisted:](“http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/03/2198884/when-company-inspectors-come-calling.html#ixzz1Qnb5or9J”)

[FONT=Times New Roman][size=2]Clip: “Metal attachments on every rafter/truss that are nailed to one side (or both sides in the case of a diamond[/size][/FONT]
[size=2][FONT=Times New Roman]type clip) of the rafter/truss and attached to the top plate of the wall frame or embedded in the bond beam.”

By that definition, a metal attachment that does NOT meet the nailing requirement for a SINGLE WRAP, would be defined as a CLIP.

Seems like any other interpretation, is from a source other than the WM form.

**But, Please continue to mark OTHER…**Thought all the newly licensed wind inspectors would hurt buisness. The results have been OTHERWISE!
[/size][/FONT]

Glenn, do you have anything in writting that you can post saying that a wrap with 2 nails on one side should be marked as clip?

Hey Preston, well again, this was strictly the rule that Citizens is using for their outreach reinspection program, this is not some universal mandate and I agree with all other posts above that the form does not specify anything about this. I do have the training information disseminated as part of this program, but my subcontract agreement strictly forbids me from dissemminating any proprietary material without permission, which I do not have. But again, not some universal rule that everyone is using, I just know that I Citizens on the back end of this could be removing the credit at renewal for reinspections showing clips if they only have 2 nails. And contractually, I cannot comment on whether I feel this is right or wrong, all I can say is it is what it is and I’m just playing by the rules that are governing me.

Sounds like the reinspection and outreach program is designed to discredit those that fill out the form as the form is written.

Hmmmmmmmm imagine that…a win win for the reinspection contract holders.

Anyway…looks like someone stole Dennis and John’s idea…tweaked it a little and is trying to run away with all the inspections regarding windmits…

Sorry, it’s the conspiracy theorist in me.

I am not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but I believe you are on to something!:mrgreen: