Cloth Covered Wire

All should address it, but you are always able to do as you see fit. You are the inspector.

The class will address many of these issues, including choosing forms.

You sure have turned into a dick since joining the DIS Cult!

The world does not revolve around Florida. You guys need to get out more often, or won’t they let you? :roll:

Why don’t you just stop commenting about Florida and things you do not understand. We do not pretend that they apply to the rest of the world, that is why they are in the Florida section.

Mt prior post stands.

???

Jeff this is the Florida section.

You have no idea how much or what part of Insurance inspections is wink wink nod nod and most likely do not wish to know.
Better to stay out of it and how you feel about John is irrelevant.

In Chicago we ban Romex and plastic materials on many components.
We also have living units that are not acceptable yet exist so every area has its quirks and FLA has its own section for a reason.

Yes, there is several reasons why FL has it’s own section. Come to Florida and I will be happy to show you or Jeff how the “insurance inspections” work and their importance.

I had a lady chew my a s s because I took a picture of her roof to wall connection and it showed rotted wood from her FIXED roof job. It told me she would not hire my a s s again and tell all her friends not to. Maybe she should have fixed the leak properly :slight_smile:

You know what is great about being the SOLE boss?

Even though it is wrong and I should not do it when I have rude clients who curse at me I can tell them " screw you and the goat you rode in on" At least it made me feel a little better.

Gee I am sorry that was the only place you could see a roof to wall connection even thought I told you I had to see it and to have a clear path. that was the only spot she had clear. I guess from when she had the roof repaired. Hmmmm Maybe you should replace the rotted truss and sheathing when you “fix” a leak huh"

To the OP. Here’s a helpful thread for you…

Bert

There is no wink, wink, nod, nod, as you put it.
The insurance inspections are not all the same, there isn’t even a standard form for the four-point inspections, which is part of the problem.

Depending on the form you use, the inspection results may be different.

The actual form I use is the newest citizens form, with the required pictures from Tower Hill added. I have asked the OiR to come up with a standard form, but so far, that hasn’t happened.

As to what goes on the actual form, in many instances, that is a matter of opinion.

Is the Zinsco panel in my home “hazardous”? Not for the last 43 years…

Thank you for acknowledging that an insurance inspection is just an insurance inspection. What you describe is very little different than anywhere else in this country or elsewhere. Each region has it’s own idiosyncrasies. No surprise to that. Insurance inspections are just “as important” to the rest of the country as they are to ‘you’! This thread did not begin as a “4-point” thread, and this section is no different than the Texas, Canadian, or NFE section… ANY InterNACHI member is “allowed” to enter and participate, so, to those with their holier-than-thou noses up their snooty arses, bite it. You may be ‘Special-Ed’, but you certainly aren’t ‘special’.

Do you have any other asinine posts to make, or, are you done for the day? :stuck_out_tongue:

After reading some of Mike Meekers comments on his roof -attic adventures my impression there was wink wink in order to keep rates down or stay insured especially knowing the Insurance companies were requiring photos of difficult to reach clip components.

My mistake.

Mike can defend himself, but I still don’t know what you are talking about. A majority of us get all of the pictures required…one way or another.

There is a certain faction, mostly the inspectors sent out by Citizens in their “re-inspection” program, who, used minimal amount of effort to get the required pictures…to the benefit of their employer.

You answered it .

The entire quote:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-09-11/business/fl-citizens-20120911_1_sandy-teich-insurance-discounts-citizens-property-insurance-corp

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/opinion/citizens-inspectors-sometimes-overlook-storm-rated/nQCqm/

When you break it up, it distorts the context of what I am saying.

I expect you will be getting a call from the “quote police” any minute now! :wink:

From Cloth Covered Wire - Page 3 - InterNACHI Inspection Forum http://www.nachi.org/forum/f73/cloth-covered-wire-90029/index3.html#post1168832#ixzz2xSDNTKkE

Hey all I know is your quote matched my impression.

The original poster did clarify for you in post number 7, Citizens is a Florida only company that writes only in Florida.

But thanks for being so nice about it and I am sorry you feel left out. My offer still stands if you want to learn more, I will be teaching a four point class at the conference in Orlando. There will be many non-Florida inspectors in the class, but the class is Florida centric.

What I think you are missing JJ is that Florida has both a climate and weather conditions that are unique to this specific region of the country that are not experienced anywhere else. The insurance companies came up with the 4-point inspection form for Florida to address circumstances and risk that would not normally occur anywhere else. We are not any more “Special” than you. In my personal opinion you are only demonstrating ignorance by verbally attacking and demeaning someone on a public message board. If an insurance company calls for acknowledgement of a specific area or component on their form that is on the insurance company not the inspector.