CMI Cancelled

Originally Posted By: John Bowman
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Any travel that I do in New York. NO…

Did I get reimbursed for any travel to Albany. NO.....

What has that got to do with anything??

Originally Posted By: dwillis

John, all your questions are the same questions that we hit on in NY.

The CMI will not be put together in one night. We have to start somewhere with somebody. The people I enlisted are home inspection teachers, they know what it takes to write up a course.

Nick sent me out to NY to come home with a curriculum. We all worked hard and we got a great start. We had to cancel because I have 500 people already signed up for just the convention and it would not be far to offer this great program after they got their plane tickets and rooms.

We are doing our best give us a chance.

You guys wouldn’t hold a candle to the free travel and time that I have expended for the membership.

Originally Posted By: gbell

Better be careful Len you are getting close to being the next member of our group.

Originally Posted By: lungar

JOHN;

I AM ASKING ABOUT ALL YOUR NACHI ENDEAVORS WHICH INCLUDE YOUR TRAVELS ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY. OH!!! BUY THE WAY WHO IS FOOTING THE BILL FOR THE CONVENTION FOR YOU ???

ISN’T IT GREAT THAT NACHI IS GOING TO PAY YOUR FRIEGHT !!!

HOPE YOU ENJOY THE HOTSEAT FOR A WHILE JOHN.

REGARDS LEN

PS

I did come home with more than Nick asked of any of us. Prices were the last thing we talked about and it is still not a big concern. You (John) seem to be the only one worried about pricing and who to write a check too. If you want to write a check so bad my PO Box is 1186, Nederland, CO 80466. I can always use extra money.

Deanna,

So, if I read between the lines....

The course and curriculum is far from ready and the release of the offering in Florida was premature. Bill made an erroneous post when he released it.

And the class in NY is just a figment of my imagination and Nick's.

Better tell Nick he can't sit in the front row.

lungar wrote:
JOHN;
I AM ASKING ABOUT ALL YOUR NACHI ENDEAVORS WHICH INCLUDE YOUR TRAVELS ALL OVER THIS COUNTRY. OH!!! BUY THE WAY WHO IS FOOTING THE BILL FOR THE CONVENTION FOR YOU ????????????
ISN'T IT GREAT THAT NACHI IS GOING TO PAY YOUR FRIEGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!
HOPE YOU ENJOY THE HOTSEAT FOR A WHILE JOHN.

REGARDS LEN

Comes with the job, Len.

Do you have a problem with it? Who do you think pays everyone elses. Do you think Deanna flew out there on her own money?

No hot seat here.

NACHI was never going to take any money anyway. The money was to pay for the cost of the class room to teach it, instructors, books, coffee breaks. You brought up pricing.

You all have sufficiently answered my questions.

This is not a NACHI program anymore.

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

We have a curriculum thanks to Deanna’s meeting in NY with all the H.I. school teachers. We were thinking about test running a class just before the convention but we ran into a problem: At the time, over 450 inspectors had already registered for the convention, bought plane tickets, booked hotel rooms, etc.

So we cancelled that idea and decided to test run it in NY at Bill's school after the convention. Cancelling is not wrong when cancelling is the right thing to do and as anyone who knows me knows that I have no quams about taking one step back to take two steps forward.

My understanding is that the NY group sent the curriculum to Joe Farsetta, NACHI’s Director of Professional Development who has been tweaking it up these past couple weeks. He may have finished recently, I don’t know.

I feel like a broken record.

When it is being held at Bill's school, what is the costs and who do I make the check out to?

When I complete the course can I use the CMI designation.

Can I bring another individual. If he finishes the course can he use the designation?

Really, simple questions. I don't understand all the confusion?

John;

You see,you new all along that Dianna came to NY for the CMI meeting but yet said that Nachi was not involved,BAD,BAD, John.

So you are getting taken cared of which is OK by me.

But why can’t I make some if I can or do you what the hole pie,

again Don’t do what I do, Do what I say NooooooNoooooo

Regards Len

A lot of times we do not collect money we end up paying and it is still part of NACHI. I am the accountant I know.

My further understanding is that Patsy Maeitta, NY NACHI’s head, agreed to pack Bill’s test run with his chapter members or something but I’m not certain on that issue either as when Patsy called me about it yesterday he was on his cell phone and I couldn’t hear him clearly. I just wanted to make sure that we could fill the class with solely NACHI members (not non-members) and I’m sure Patsy can succeed in that area.

John. I don’t know the answer to your question. All I know is that the for-profit school has to be paid one way or the other. Likely the attendees will pay the school.

On a side note, Bill Merrell has done a WHOLE LOT OF WORK for NACHI on this issue and never asked for a penny. In fact, it is my understanding that Bill paid for many of Deanna's expenses (Deanna is paid staff).

Because I handle all the money for NACHI and interNACHI I pay for my expenses and then Nick reimburses me, that way I am not writing checks to myself. On my NY trip I did not have a lot of expenses because thanks to Bill Merrell he took care of my meals, travel in NY…

If we had all the answers we would have a whole HUGH link on the website offering the CMI where, when... hold your horses, it is in the making.

John;

#1 Price has not been set

#2 The course is for nachi members only

#3 Nick will give out the CMI certificates after the course

That is if bill decides to do it after all your negative remarks, I know you put a lot of time and effort in but so do I and a lot of other Nachi members

and by the way we don’t get or ask for anything.

Regards Len