CMI Certification Board to be expanded

“CANADIAN MASTER INSPECTOR”
I like it!

CMI is an open certification authority and is not playing favorites to any particular association. CMI is a registered trade mark in Canada and the United States.
Since CMI’s are in both countries it is only fitting that the board be made up of Representatives from both countries.

To demonstrate fairness and equality it was proposed by a very prominent member that each association be represented on the board.

Not only must fairness be done, it must be seen to be done.

Also please stay on topic.

I see no reason to rush into changing things at this time .
A short while ago we had no one to give us leadership .
John M volunteered and others have been helping .
Until a few of the growing difficulties are put behind us I think we should just put our support those who have volunteered to help get this going in the correct direction.
I also do not see why we need to say so many from this area and so many from that area.
Who does the better job is who we need to give directions.
I also do not see any advantage to have non members telling us how the CMI association should be run.
We had too much of non members trying to tell us how it should be run before .
… Cookie

OK! How about a CMI certification board in Canada made up of NACHI and CAHPI CMI’s?
This Certification board would operate in conjunction with the CMI in the US
but would be cognizant of the laws governing non profit Associations in Canada.

Sound like a great idea and we should have the same Balance of NACHI CMIs on the panel as the Balance CAHPI has on the NC panel .
Lets see now the way is looks to be done is we pick one CAHPI CMI to get on the panel so we too can show how fair the system could be.
Just like Bill is talking about with the NC. Of course it will never be fair as CAHPI members are able to become CMI members for the Same price as every one else does .
This of course not the way Bill is running the National Certification

The CMI has no association affiliation and is not connected in any way to any association, so why would anyone pay more than the next person? According to Nick and others, there is no such thing as a NACHI CMI.

I would like to see CAHPI members pay the same as non-members rather than subsidizing non-CAHPI inspectors. It would have saved me more than $ 500. personally.

Bill Mullen

Am I missing something in the equation? I thought the NC was to be at arms length from CAHPI? If NC is self funding, then it would make sense that regardless which association put money in through membership dues, the price should be the same, given that CAHPI in the end is not the Certifying body?

From a marketing point of view the cost factor and the way it is structured will keep people from applying, and once the fee goes up in the new year it will be even more of a deterent. Any bets the price does not go up in the new year or at the very least come April with decline in applications the price will have to drop?

Even now with less than 200 members nationally certified the numbers will not keep it in self sustaining mode. Math does not lie.

If NACHI has noting to do with the CMI board then why do you have to be a member of NACHI to be on the board?

Sounds like Nick is making changes on the fly and not informing those who he put in control of the CMI Board.

Tracy

Why not have Nachi member on the board? I don’t see the problem with it anymore than the National here in Canada having a Nachi inspector and CMI on its board of directors.

What Bill and the NCR does is What the NCR and Bill does. I’m not involved and have no interest in getting involved. Any comments about NCR and Bill are irrelevant to this thread.
I’m a CMI and proud of it. By inviting CAHPI, and NACHI members is a way to get representation from all Associations. If you can suggest a way to get fair representation from the non aligned HI’s I would like to hear it.

I see nothing wrong with you inviting others to join the CMI but My concern is what if any authority do you have to ( A proposal has been made to add two Canadian Representatives to the CMI board to make it an international certification board. Post #1 ) to make this post? And who got copies of this proposal ?

… Cookie

You have to be aligned (within an association), non aligned only can speak for themselves and as such wouldn’t have any idea of what is going on within the profession.

I think the best approach is to have a National Cert. holder on the BOD of CMI but it is not required to be a member of CAHPI. After all CAHPI is not the NCA, that a different entity.

OK What other professional groups or people do you think would be of benefit on the CMI board?