CMI imposter?

Bleach absolutely kills mold. Most of the firms touting it does not and should not be used are either producing or hawking an alternate product.

If chlorine bleach was not effective at killing mold, the makers of Tilex would be the subject of numerous lawsuits from consumers to the FTC. Remember, it is sold and advertised as the mold killer, because it is.

If soap and water kills mold, why wouldnt most cleaning products, including a solutioon made with bleach.

If you dont think bleach kills mold, go ahead. In the mean time, it remains one of the most widely used products worldwide in the cleaning and removal of mold from a variety of surfaces. I say surfaces, because once the mold had penetrated, much of the affected areas will likely require removal.

Mold elimination and control never used to be rocket science, until there was panic in the world, and entrepaneurs saw gold with that mold.

BTW… Dale is correct in that Certified Master Inspector is a state-sanctioned and licensed designation. I thought it was in Nevada, however, and not in Arizona.

Back to bleach 101

The main reason bleach is a problem is that the chlorine gas dissipates fast

It is sort of like paint remover that is a liquid and not a paste

Depending on the serface the bleach does not get a chance to penetrate deep enough to do the job

The other products do

Yes, I kills but other products are better

Trust me I live in Florida

Spray bleach once and you better do it again and again

Mix it with a little soap or oil and it says a little longer to do the job

Or just go out and get a better product for the job

rlb

The Master Inspector Certification Board has EXCLUSIVE use (see www.USPTO.gov) of the phrase “Certified Master Inspector” in that order and unauthorized use of phrases close to it (deceptively similar) within the same industry (inspection industry) is Trademark infringement. It doesn’t matter who incorrectly told you you could willfully infringe on a registered mark… you can’t. Putting something before or after the protected mark is still infringement (like trying to sell hamburgers called “Really Big Macs”).

Ok Nick…I’ll just use “Arizona Master Inspector”…:smiley:

And nobody told me anything…I was only kidding, I don’t consider myself a master, and don’t consider anyone else using the your three letters masters either…:smiley:

Except John, the cmi pres…I bet he is a great inspector, I can tell by the thoughts in his posts, he’s playing with a full deck…:smiley:

Hey Nick, you better contact the state of Nevada and tell them they are using your words and better stop it right now…:smiley:

Good luck…:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dan and Dale,
The purpose of this post is that Mr. Barnett calls himself a certified master inspector which he can not because certified master inspector is trademarked. He can call himself a master inspector which he probably is, but he can not call himself a certified master inspector. Him giving bad advise that could effect the health of the public is what I have a problem with. I realize that ASHI members do not have as many great educational opportunities that NACHI members have, but this is no excuse for giving wrong advice in a publicly distributed newspaper. If he is going to keep making wrong statements he needs to do it as a master inspector, not a certified master inspector.

Evidently most of the registered CMIs dont either. of all the CMIs that are registered on this MB and on the CMI MB only about 6 or 7 use the CMI after there name in there signature.

I’m considering using it, help me out.

I have no control over your signature or what you do. I gave everyone at no charge and asked nothing in return an area to advertise there name and company and no one has opted to use it. Right now is the best time to advertise when the market is slow. When the market returns you will be already be listed in the search engines.

Just to kick it around - ASHI’s new designation for Members is:

ASHI Certified Inspector

The Top Designation in the Great Lakes ASHI Chapter’s Peer Review Process is:

Master Inspector

I guess that would officially make Mr. Barnett a:

ASHI Certified Inspector / Master Inspector

I’m betting the Newspaper simply shortened it up and took out 1 “Inspector”.

I don’t think “Tilex” or other household cleaning supplies state, warrant and or guarantee their products to be 100% effective in the remediation of all molds on all surfaces in or about a structure. Agreed some cleaning supplies, including bleach maybe somewhat effective in controlling mold on metal, tile and or fiberglass surfaces for example. I also believe current environmental science has confirmed bleach and other household cleaning products do not effectively kill mold spore root systems in pourous materials such as drywall, plaster, concrete, wood, etc…

Dale, the average CMI has over 3 times the number of inspections required. Quite a few have over 10,000 inspection under their belt.

1,000 inspections represents less than 5% of our industry and 10,000 represents about 1/2%. CMI’s average represents about 1.5%.

Way back when, when we were arguing over what a “master” should be, we found that no profession should have more than 1 in 10 of its members able to reach master level. I forgot how many college grads have Master degrees but in any regard, CMI’s average is much less than 1 in 10, it is more like 1 in 60.

Again, BLEACH WILL NOT KILL MOLD (on all surfaces, especially wood) per OSHA.

David,

Mold is killed by bleach. More than that, its effect on the lingering toxicity of remaining dead spores has been documented by the socirty of allergists and immunologists as far back as 2005. http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=53498

The EPA recommends simple soap and water for cleanup, and states that bleach solutions are appropriate for those with immuno-comprimised systems. It uses bleach as an example of a biocide. It states that use of any biocide in routing control and cleanup is not recommended, and follows with a caveat.

http://iaq.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/iaq.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3044&p_created=1174317324&p_sid=Hmz2RWLi&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD0xNyZwX3Byb2RzPTM3MSZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9MS4zNzEmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

This opinion is confirmed again by the CDC.

Bleach does more than change the color of mold. To suggest anything else is patently absurd. The question remaining is whether mold is killed by bleach solutions and the answer is yes. Its effectiveness on porous surfaces is questionable, however, as are all products available.

If you go beyond those with an agenda, such as companies offering testing and remediation services, and really dug, you’d be surprised at what you may find.

Better yet, speak to a board certified allergist and immunologist, or pulmonologist for the real deal.

Biocides kill organisms. Ths is a fact. Mold is a living organism. It is killed by biocides. Research has concluded that chlorine bleach goes beyond simply killing the mold, it reduces the effect of dead spores on those with allergic reactions.

There is nothing in the EPA guideline or the CDC guidelines that state that bleach is inneffective. To the contrary, they indicate where it is most effective. They simply speak in generalities as to the use of any biocide.

All state that removable items soaked with water for 24-48 hours should be removed.

One more thing, to whoever stated that OSHA does not recommend the use of bleach; visit the OSHA website and the part about mold remediation. Scroll down the page and see where OSHA specifically RECOMMENDS the use of biocides such as bleach for mold remediation.

http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/hurricane/mold.html

While there may be better products, educational researchers such as those at Purdue University, the CDC, the EPA, OSHA, the Society of Allergists and Immunologists, and Pulmonologists confirm the effectiveness of bleach at killing mold. None recommend ANY product for killing mold on porous surfaces. In fact, it is recommended that items that canot be removed, cleaned, and properly dried be thrown out.

Joe,

I don’t intend to argue with you…I’m simply stating the facts…

ONE MORE TIME…Bleach is Ineffective in Killing Mold on Porous Surfaces [Most Building Materials]

Below are actual reports from bleach users worldwide about the failure of bleach to kill mold growth.

—“I live in a half double and I recently discovered mold in my home. In my downstairs living room and in my upstairs bedroom. I cleaned the area with bleach and within a few days the white hairs were growing back.”—D.W. on Nov. 17, 2004.

—“I can forward you pics of the walls, which by the way I scrubbed with a bleach mixture, then sealed & repainted, the black & fuzzy grey mold is growing back. I know it is the mold making me sick, I never suffered from any of this before in my life.”—R.K. on Nov. 21, 2004.

—“Mold grows all over the baseboards of the downstairs. In the closets and on all the contents in the closets. It grows on the sofas and the pillows on the sofas. It actually grows on any and everything down stairs. I have cleaned everything with lysol and bleach and yet it returns.”—K. in Tennessee on Nov. 22, 2004.

—“My air conditioner was leaking this summer and caused water to run down my apt. wall, I now have mold on the wall, carpet, and surrounding woodwork despite trying to treat it with bleach.”—D.M. on Nov. 23, 2004.

—“My mother called the landlord and told him that there was brown stuff growing on the walls, and he said clean it with bleach and water. My mother is constantly cleaning the walls with bleach because it keeps coming back.”—J.O. on Nov. 24, 2004.

—“The apartment manager sent a maintenance man up and he wiped off it off with bleach. Well, it keeps coming back, just noticed that in our bedroom where we all sleep mold started develop on the walls near the floor.”—L.D. on Nov. 29, 2004

—“We tried bleach on the mold in our bathroom, but other than emit a nasty smell throughout the condo, it did nothing.”—E.T, Florida on Dec. 1, 2004.

—“On every single window seal in my house, we have mold that appears every week. I have been cleaning it off with bleach, but I want to know how to make it stop. All the windows are only 2-3 years old.”—A.M., on Dec. 5, 2004.

—“Bleach works for a while but the mold keeps coming back.” D.W. on Dec. 8, 2004, from eastern North Carolina.

—“There was also mold growing on the walls behind my mirrors. This has been noted to my land lord. The landlord’s maintenance employees sprayed it with bleach, and now the mold is back . My family’s health has not been the best from living with mold.”–G.S., on Dec. 10, 2004.

—“We have used clorox and Kilz on the growing mold on wall and baseboards and windows, but it keeps coming back!
Bleach and Kilz don’t help stop mold.”—H.M., on December 10, 2004

—“There is mold growing on my basement walls a little at a time. I always wipe it off with bleach but it eventually grows back (the walls are dry wall).”—D.M., on December 11, 2004.

—“I had a lot of mold on my walls. It probably was about 20 inches high from base board. I always cleaned it with bleach and it took it off for a while but always came back.”—B.N., on Dec. 27, 2004.

—“A month ago the apartment maintenance men cleaned the mold on the wall by our daughters crib with bleach. Since then, we have found, 4 more spots of mold, on the same wall.”—K.O., on Dec. 29, 2004.

—“I have a really gross looking mold (I think it’s a mold) growing in the corner of my shower, I believe originating from the tile grout. It looks like two pale yellow macaroni noodles stuck together. They are hollow and about 1 inch each. They appeared literally overnight, for the second time, despite heavy cleaning and bleaching.”—M.S., Los Angeles, California, on Dec. 29, 2004.

—“I am 7 months pregnant and also have a 2 year old son and all of us have seemed to be sick since we moved here. The manager has only wiped the mold away with bleach and told us to do so also if it comes back… which I have been doing every 3-5 days, that’s how long it usually takes to reappear.”—R.C., on Jan. 3, 2005

—“I have scrubbed several times with straight bleach and the mold just keeps returning.”—D.D., on Jan. 4, 2005.

—“We have a severe mold problem growing in the basement. We have washed the walls time and time again with bleach and water, but it never seems to do any good.”—S.P., on Jan. 5, 2005.

—“I have tons of mold in my classroom. During the summer, I scraped it off, bleached it, and painted it. It grew back within 3 days.”—C.B. on January 5, 2005.

—“We soon noticed one of the climbing vine houseplants had a fluffy white mold growing atop it’s “climbing pole.” We’ve noticed that the surface of some of the bricks were covered with a white powder, and unfortunately doused the bricks with bleach after removing the plants. This caused a fluffy white overgrowth that was much worse than the first.”—R.L. on January 5, 2005.

—“We have a window mold problem. We have cleaned the tracks with bleach and it comes back.”—K.S. on Jan. 6, 2005.

—“Bleach seems to help control the mold only for a month or so.”—P.R., on Jan. 7, 2005.

—“The landlord recommended bleach which didn’t get rid of the mold—it’s growing back.”—A.M. on Jan. 11, 2005.

—“I have been bleaching the mold and scrubbing the effected areas (the entire attic!) on a daily basis. But it keeps coming back.”—R.B.
on Jan. 12, 2005

—“The mold spread over time and my wife tried to clean it with bleach having no success.”—J.A., on Jan. 12, 2005.

—“There is black mold in the shower at all times. I bleach it and it goes away for a day or so and then reappears.”—C.H. on Jan. 12, 2005.

—“I occasionally spray the moldy basement cement walls with clorox bleach. The clorox only seems to work for a month or two.”— A.B. on Jan. 13, 2005

—“I have mold in my bathroom (ceiling and upper wall) and have tried bleach water and repainted with Kilz. The mold is returning.”—
T.L. on Jan. 13, 2005.

—“All four walls are covered pretty much floor to ceiling along with the ceiling. Like many others, I have cleaned with bleach only to have the mold return.”—D.C. on Jan. 14, 2005.

—“We’ve cleaned with bleach but there is still mold in the house. I have been very nauseus and throwing up every morning.”—L.O. on
Jan. 14, 2005

—“Bleach spray will take it away but the mold comes back.”—T.T. on Jan. 14, 2005.

—“A black powdery mold, growing in circle clusters keeps growing and growing. bleach doesn’t work. I want to be able to kill it for good.”—K.M. on Jan. 15, 2005.

—“My mother, who is a nurse and here on vacation, came over to our apartment and freaked out, saying that she smelled and detected mold in our window ledges, after I had just bleached it less than a month ago. So the mold has grown back since then.”–M.P. on Jan.16, 2005.

—“On the front porch of my daughter’s home, there was mold all over. She cleaned with bleach and it came back.”—A.C. in North Carolina on Jan. 16, 2005.

—“Along the building there are now several areas as large as 2 to 3 feet in diameter of what appears to be a white mold substance coming up through the concrete. This substance cakes up 2 to 3 inches high. My rental manager has tried treating this with bleach and it has not stopped it from re-occurring.”—J.C. on Jan. 17, 2005.

—“My cement garage floor (1st time ever) has white fuzzy mold all over it. First I washed it with diluted bleach, the next day it came back. I just poured straight bleach on it but it still is coming back.”—S.H. in California on Jan. 18, 2005.

—“I have plaster walls throughout the home, and have been cleaning the mold with vinegar, bleach and water – the mold seems to disappear, but within weeks it is back again.” T.L. in Canada on Jan. 18, 2005.

—“We tried the bleach method, and it didn’t work.”—H.B. on Jan. 25, 2005.

—The maintenance man comes and cleans the mold off with bleach water, but as of yet nothing is being done to fix this ‘growing’ problem." —L.C. on Jan. 29, 2004.

—“I have tried bleach and the mold killers from Home Depot. I sealed the moldy walls with a deep penetrating oil primer on the cinder blocks after using the mold killer…None of these things have stopped the mold.”—S.H. on Feb. 3, 2005.

—“The maintenance men for my building were the ones who pointed it out to me as mold. They did this in December,. 2003. They said to treat the mold with bleach and I did but it keeps coming back.”—J.L. in Massachusetts on Feb. 3, 2005.

—“We are able to completely remove the black spots when we clean the ceiling with Lysol Bathroom Cleaner (with bleach) but it’s only a matter of a week or two before it’s back again.”—K.O. on Feb. 4, 2005.

—“I tried bleach and wire brush. It looked fairly well but after 24 hours the mold on the front wall is starting to grow back.”—J.K. on Feb. 4, 2005

—“I spray the wood walls with bleach, but as I have learned via the web, bleach is a myth. Please give me some advice as to how I can kill mold effectively. It is such a shame to live in Hawaii and have to spend my days cleaning mold off the inside walls.”—D.K. in Hawaii on Feb. 7, 2005.

—“I began to notice mold growing on the window casings and the window sills. I would wipe it down with bleach water, but it soon would return.”—A.S. on February 8, 2005

—" I tried to kill the mold in my house with bleach but it didn’t seem to help at all."—J.D. on Feb. 14, 2005.

—“My husband washed the walls and windows with bleach (which obviously doesn’t work because the mold is of course growing back
now).”—D.L. in Florida on Feb. 15, 2005.

—“I have cleaned the wall mold up with diluted bleach, but it has returned worse.”–J.P. on Feb. 16, 2005

—“I have a tenant that has a problem with grey mold in one room, They would bleach and then the next day its back.”—B.W. on
Feb. 17, 2005

—“I need to know how to remove mold from the outside of my house. I have used bleach and Kilz and it keeps returning every year.”–E.H.
on Feb. 22, 2005.

—“When i noticed the mold, I washed it off with bleach. I also used a product called ‘stopz’— its an oil based paint which stops stains from bleeding though the paint. I painted the wall about the first week of Nov and I though that the bleach would get rid of the mold. About 3 weeks later it came back even blacker and fuller than before.”—L.F. on March 1, 2005.

—“We are finding mold all over our house. Is it safe to live here? We have just finally decided to check into it, because most of us are sick with many of the mold symptoms. I have cleaned it when it has popped up with bleach, but it seems to be getting worse.”—C.B. on March 2, 2005.

—“It’s black and repeatedly grows back after being sprayed every few months with bleach.”—E.K. on March 5, 2005

—“I am very concerned about this mildew that I have in my apartment. Almost every week I clean it off with bleach and hot water and it still returns.”—N.B. on March 12, 2005.

—“We have have an ongoing problem with all of our outside walls getting black I don’t have a picture but I can describe it as being like black soot I clean the walls with bleach but it returns.”—C.B.on March 12, 2005.

—“I live in an apartment and my bedroom wall consistently grows mildew the owner tells me to clean it off with bleach but it continues to grows. Of course I called and complained finally they sent out a painter to spray paint over the walls and guess what the mildew came back!”—C.A. on March 15, 2005
—“We have tried bleach water and it temporarily removes some of the mold but it grows back.”—J.J. on March 21, 2005

—“I started seeing MOLD little black/Brown patches in my shower…looks like it was also underneath the tile caulking!! like the landlord was trying to cover it up!!! I scrubbed with bleach and sprayed Lysol … it was back with in a week…”—S.S. on March 26, 2005.

—“In my room I have black mold that grows about six inches up some of the walls. We bleach it and we have painted over it but it always returns.”—D.P. on March 30, 2005

—“I live in the Sacramento area of California and I have a problem with mold growing on the outside of my home. Last year I talked to the paint company (Sherwin Williams) that supplied the paint for our homes and they said use a bleach water solution to get rid of the mold. I washed by hand last year about 1/3 of my home with this bleach/water solution. This year it is back bigger than ever. I would have to wash 2/3’s to 4/5’s on my home now.”—S.H., Sacramento, California, on April 13, 2005.

—“I cleaned the mold with Clorox and a toothbrush. Within 3 days, the mold reappeared about 4 inches away, I did the same thing and it reappeared about 3 days later.”–K.N. on April 17, 2005

—“Each year we have a black mold returning on the siding in all areas—North-South-East-and West sides. We have washed it with bleach and then re stained. But that didn’t work.”—A.K. on April 17, 2005.

—“We would spray bleach on the mold and every other day it would grow back.”—L.M. on April 17, 2005.

—“I found some mold in a corner about 2 months ago and the maintenance man told me to clean it with bleach water so i did but it came back worse.”—C.S. on May 1, 2005

---- “No matter how much bleach I use, it keeps coming back,” — S.B. on May 18, 2005
----"I have some black mold on the ceiling of my carport. It is a open one facing the west side. What’s the best way to get rid of it? I have tried bleach that did not work. I bough a special paint, but the mold came back.’’—J.V. on May 30, 2005

—“I have a little black mildew and a bit of white fuzzy mold in my basement. The white stuff has broken right through the Kilz paint that was applied after cleaning with bleach.”—L.H. on June 14, 2005

—“There is white and tan fungi (not mold) on the joists and flooring under the house, possibly Serpula lacrimans, which we sprayed with full strength household bleach last year before closing the place up. I had also placed a layer of clear plastic sheeting over the entire crawlspace sand floor. Of course this was a huge mistake because the water component of the bleach was standing in puddles over the whole plastic liner when we opened the place up this year, and the encrustation by fungi is way worse.”—B.M. [Michigan] on August 17, 2005.

—“About a month ago I noticed mold growing inside a kitchen cupboard and on the surrounding drawers , I took everything out and cleaned the mold with a bleach mix, (which I have no read might not have been a good idea), dried everything, and left the cupboard open for a week. The mold is now back.”—L.K. on August 20, 2005

—“I was under the impression that bleach was supposed to kill mold, so we cleaned the bottoms of all the furniture with bleach that was slightly diluted with water. I thought that would kill the mold and keep it from coming back, at least for a while. Apparently not, because its back again.”—D.K. on August 23, 2005.

—“I have tried to clean some wood paneling in a basement. Mold seems to grow back in a couple of days. I cleaned it with straight bleach. I have also tried polish and Mop and Glow floor cleaner. It seems to come back every time.” —R.G. on August 30, 2005

—“There is a huge mold problem in the bathroom and in September of 2004 the owner brought over some sort of bleach solution. After using the solution for almost a year the mold continues to come back. I use the solution at least once every three weeks and the mold seems to be getting worse.”—T.S. on Sept. 3, 2005.

—“Mold is present on my furniture (mainly on the wooden furniture) caused by the flat where I live being damp. I have tried to remove it with warm water and bleach and have purchased a dehumidifier to combat the damp but it keeps coming back.”—C.B. in the United Kingdom on Sept. 3, 2005.

—“One maintenance guy came with a small bucket of bleach. When he took the cabinets off the wall, I looked up into the wall. The patch of black mold went all the way up into the second floor. I was extremely skeptical that he could fix this with a bucket of bleach, but he insisted he could. Well, of course, the mold is back, worse than ever. It has invaded the a/c ducts (you can see it), the kitchen, and both bathrooms.”—J.D. on Sept. 4, 2005

2004 University Study Finds Mold Ineffective for Killing Mold Growth on Wood

“While bleach is often recommended for remediation of surface mold on wood, our [university research study] results illustrate that the treatment does not eliminate the surface microflora,” is the conclusion of the Oregon State University study of the effects of chlorine bleach on mold growth on Douglas fir wood [an important timber crop in the state of Oregon]. The research study was conducted by Professor Jeffrey Morrell, Dept. of Wood Science, Oregon State University, as assisted by Adam Taylor [graduate research assistant] and Camille Freitag [Senior Research Associate], as published in Forest Products Journal, 54:4, 2004.

Chlorine Bleach is ineffective in killing mold for at least four reasons:

1)It is too diluted and thus too weak to permanently kill mold unless the mold is simply sitting on top of a hard surface like a counter top or sink.

1. What little killing power chlorine bleach does have is diminished significantly as the bleach sits in warehouses and on grocery store shelves or inside your home or business [50% loss in killing power in just the first 90 days inside a never opened jug or container] Chlorine ions constantly escapes through the plastic walls of its containers.

2. Chlorine bleach’s ion structure also prevents chlorine from penetrating into porous materials such as dry wall and wood— It just stays on the outside surface, whereas mold has protected enzyme roots growing inside the porous construction materials. When you spray porous surface molds with bleach, the water in the water solution soaks into the wood while the bleach chemical sits atop the surface, gasses off, and thus only partially kills the surface layer of mold while the water penetration of the building materials fosters further mold growth.

3. Chlorine Bleach is NOT registered with the EPA as a disinfectant to kill mold. You can verify that important fact yourself when you are unable to find an EPA registration number for killing mold on the label of any brand of chlorine bleach.

What’s the argument David?

Bleach is OK(effective) on non-porous surfaces

Bleach is NOT OK(not effective) on non-porous surfaces.

This has been stated over and over.

Exactly. But the list of pourous surfaces in a typical home far exceeds the list of non-pourous items in a home.

David,

Could it be that the reason the mold returned was for the fact that the underlying problems were never fixed? So tell me, which product did those testimonials harp. Which site were they from?

As to the EPA not listing bleach, tey also do not NOT recommend its use.

I’m not a mold expert, nor do I have any scientific evidence or reports to back up what I’m about to say :mrgreen:, however…

After spending quite a few years helping folks clean up after hurricanes and floods (eight major disasters in the past four years), I can say this about mold remediation:

I can’t even fathom the number of homes I went into where the owners had come back to an entire house full of fungi. Ceilings, walls, carpets, etc. all covered with mold. Probably in the 3000 range during those years.

Some of the owners demolished their homes and started over, saying “You can’t get rid of it…”

Others, and there were many in this category, closed up the home, turned on the AC unit as cold as it could go, and applied bleach frequently. In a few days, they had the mold down to a manageable level. In some cases it was gone, in others they still had to remove some material. Depends on the depth of the mold, and the length of time they wanted to run the AC and apply the bleach.

Now, we can debate if bleach ‘kills’ mold, but I can say for certain that it is a useful tool in mold remediation for the average home owner. It may NOT be the tool is approved, or the tool that is used by the professional mold remediation firm, but it is a useful tool that home owners can use as many people who live in hurricane alley will attest to.

I asked one person who was very successful with this approach what their parameters were (how cold, how frequent the bleach, etc.). Her answer was, "Don’t let the AC unit turn off, both the cold and the dryness of the air are needed and apply the bleach twice as long as it takes to get rid of the visibility. So, if it takes a week for the mold to become invisible, then apply it to the spot for another week, etc.