"CMI is the inspection industry's top professional designation" - Biz X Magazine.

LMAO…Really? I guess he thinks all the Techie’s in OKLAHOMA are just Thermal Infrared Enthusiasts.

Its called EDUCATING PEOPLE…By the time people learn what it is and people are asking for it…You are WAY behind the 8 Ball.

No problem Charley.

Scroll down a little bit on the homepage of Jeff’s website: http://www.myinspector.net

But I’m not arguing that CMI works because a successful inspector is a CMI. That is a really dumb argument for me to make. It’s as dumb as saying that CMI doesn’t work because a successful inspector isn’t a CMI.

CMI works, regardless of who applied for it. CMI is the ultimate consumer to client converting machine.

Have you been living under a rock don’t you just suppose we have the same type of clients in Okla or is it just all cowboys and Indians. I know how to market IR I have people request IR all the time and I could do it in SSM also.

Coffee your place or mine???

Russell and Charley are you forgetting that they already have been by big Mikey.
Check on the list and tell me if he does inspections in SSM On.

You never heard me say CMI does not work I say you don’t have to be a CMI to be successful.

Take a vote run a contest or what ever, what single inspector in the United States makes the most money per year a CMI or a non CMI

I have no clue what you are talking about ya have to speak English;-)

Sorry Mike Holmes introduced it to the 2 year program at the College. If people don’t know about it they must live under a rock.
Still have never been asked to do IR.

People don’t ask for something they don’t know about its on you. Who in the hell watches Mike Holmes anyway

Everyone up this way Charley. He introduces each show with his 25000 dollar camera.

I heard inspectors who hate InterNACHI say that they became a CMI because of the money it makes them. They also said they were not about to let their competition use that designation while they stood by seeing their customers go over to them. These guys have been inspecting for over 20 years. They figured it was stupid to leave money on the table.

True story.

That evidence is not admissible its hear say

Gee I think I saw where NICK was offering a money back guarantee .
If a person is not satisfied with the results of the CMI he will give them their money back .
Why not try this and see for your self and you will then have your proof if it works for you .
I do believe NICK even has a pay by the month so you will not have to lay out the whole thing to see if it is any good .

… Thoughts appreciated … Roy

Roy to be truthful I don’t really have a problem with CMI the problem is the way its marketed down your throat approach. I did not need CMI when it was priced at the bottom of the barrel and I don’t need it today I have a full plate.

Plus I like to argue with Nick makes his face red when his blood pressure rises he does not like anyone talking bad about his baby…CMI;-)

Love it … thanks… for the reply… Roy

I am sure other Associations are kicking themselves for not coming up with the same plan.

You are way off base Charley. It isn’t personal to me. I’m on a mission from God.

Let me explain: Most of the marketing ideas and programs I come up with for inspectors fail. Oh they might work for some inspectors some of the time, but IMHO, most of my ideas are duds. I have a long history of creating worthless duds for this industry. I’ve abandoned many of my pet projects simply because they don’t help inspectors make money. However, I found one that works well and another that works really, really, really well all the time. The one that works well is www.nachi.org/now.htm and the one that works really, really, really well all the time is www.certifiedmasterinspector.org

Anyway, I am no stranger to dumb ideas. I spent 25 years creating thousands of loser duds that would have been a waste of money for any inspectors who adopted them… just to find these two winners.

I know its not personal with you its not with me either but I have been face to face with you and I know you are passionate about what you believe in. I believe in IR the same way. I also believe that one does not have to be a CMI or a level lll thermographer to be successful in this business.

I still say the top single wager earner in this business is not a CMI:p:D:shock:

Correct. Nor does he/she have to have a website, brochure, or even a business card. They are all things that assist an inspector (who deserves to be successful) in achieving that success.

LOL!!! Naturally you’re going to find CMI-related threads here. If you go to the HVAC forum, you’ll find HVAC threads.

Charley, you’re on the CMI forum more than I am.

Now Nick stop ramming that CMI down Charley’s throat.:mrgreen: