CMI - The Almost Final Definition

I don;t think that anywhere I suggested that they are verifiable goals. Instead, I suggested that they were the basis by which we can take the next step towards verifiable goals.

It may seem like a given or a minor point, but some basic agreement on the prinicples underpinning the goals is vital. Goals for the sake of setting an arbitrary number is senseless - they must be a numerical, quantitative expression of a larger value or mission (no wonder you guys have no understanding of Strategic Planning)!

For example, if we cannot agree that a CMI should ave significant experience (not just education) then there is little point in moving further to establish the corresponding goal.

Likewise, if we cannot agree that publishing articles or instructing new inspectors is an importnant component of a CMI, then why bother defining “qualified article” or establishing verifiable permeters for training of new inspectors?

The rush to hang arbitrary numbers on the objectives listed by Michael is preceeding the discussion of whether or not the objectives are valid and accepted by all/most.

The definitions of vague terms and assigning specific targets/goals are the second step in the process.

John, of COURSE it has to be verifiable. But there is no sense in arguing numbers until everyone agrees that the underlying principle is sound. If you are telling me that, by pushing to assign numbers immediately, you have already accepted all of the premises listed as important components of a CMI, then I misunderstood, and we can move right along.

If you wish to challenge those points, now is the time - before anyone wastes time pinpointing a number, only to find that we do not agree on the larger point.

Your anecdote regarding realtor presentations and the follow up question about training indicates that you do not agree with the primary components as listed. Why not get to some basic point of agreement on the components of a definition before filling in the blanks with numbers that are simply arbitrary?

Proceeding in a logical and orderly manner when developing plans produces a better result with less confusion.

You have said all of this to say nothing.
By asking everyone to trust in that which vague until we
have something defined is like asking a builder to sign a
contract to build a house without defining the square feet.

Your goal is to justify Michael at all cost by positioning
your conversation as the noble generalist, while not
taking the chance of saying something concrete.

By avoiding absolutes and defined statements you
protect yourself from being discerned and found
wanting.

Thank you for such a wonderful non-decisive position.

Belittle the lies and promote the smoke and vagary.
The lack of absolutes is the cover of someone hiding.

Cowards cannot take a position, but love to sound noble
by saying they are open minded.

OK, John, i guess this discussion is over then. I can’t argue logic and planning with someone who doesn;t understand either., and seeks simply to pick fights for the sake of picking them.

I already know that tolerance is not in your vocabulary. Ignorance, however, seems to be right there at the top.

John?

It looks like Nick got everything back to normal and
Michael is being a good boy. I love Nick.

OMG. No mention that Nick basically contradicted everything you’ve been whining about the last couple weeks?:roll:

Nick just stated the current CMI standards were correct
and that previous agreements would not change.

Michael removed his incorrect publication from his web site,
as he was told to do.

It appears Nick has spoken exactly what he always has
and CMI is still on the track he started.

Are you happy? I am. I love Nick and CMI.

What’s your problem now?

The problem is according to James and yourself, Micheal is nothing more than a lier who has been lying to Nick and to all NACHI members. Well according to Nick this not true so who is the lier?

Nick is resolving an issue.

He is doing it in the best and most professional manner possible. He does not need to condemn his friend, a man he trusted to run his CMI program, publicly. What they spoke, they spoke privately and what comes out of it is a CMI program that is not in the hands of ASHI and FABI and does not bash NACHI.

The brochure of lies has been removed. The qualifications for CMI remain as they are. ASHI and FABI remain as they were. All is right with the world.

Find yourself some other criticism. This one makes you look like an idiot.

Good post James,

If Nick and Michael take steps to resolve issues, as you have
stated, there is no need to drag Michael through the streets.
I am glad to see things taking a positive turn and will now
watch to see how it goes. I have seen two men fight before,
and then get up and laugh while they walk off as friends. The people
watching did not get it, but the two men had just established
something called respect. Families fuss, but they can still be
family again.

You are living in cuckoo land. you have been calling Micheal a lier untrustworthy, yet Nick says he doing a good job. I would think twice before calling someone an idiot. You publicly tried to humiliate the man yet Nick says he is still the man for the job.
Hmmmmmmmmmm who’s the idiot

You. Thanks for asking.

Have you ever corrected someone in private, brought
repentance, made things right, reestablished principles,
and then reaffirmed relationship privately and in public?

A wise man, being a personal friend, is in a position to do all
do all that. I am not that man in this case.

My part was to look like a cuchoo to you.

You are clueless, at this time, of what just happened.

In the halls of our government are clamorous debates
raging back and forth, in all three branches of goverment.
It has perserved our liberties for over two hundred years.
The United States is not perfect, but it has become
the greatest nation on God’s green earth because of
those debates. We call it checks and balances. There
are other factors as well, but our law passes through
this thrashing floor everyday.

Few are able to see it’s wisdom as it thrashes, but some
become masters of it’s method. But we enjoy the fruit
it yeilds, for all of us, every day.

If the current CMI’s have been protected and promises
have been preserved, it was worth being your cuckoo.

Merry Christmas.

The main difference betwen us Jimbo is I have always know I’m an idiot and have learnt to live with it and became a successful business man.
Maybe you should try the same you never know you may get somewhere and stop being the bitter and twisted ignorant old twat that you are.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_3.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS](“http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS”)

Correction, Carl…we BOTH know you’re an idiot.:wink:

Where do you get this idea that Nick chastised Michael in private?

Is this what you have to tell yourself to justify what you two did? Do you have proof that this is what happened? Or are you just assuming?

I never said that.

at least this idiot gives 2 grand of his own money to help a local NACHI chapter and its members. What have you ever done?

Did you miss the part where Nick said that changes can and will come? As many as are needed?!