CMI Web Introduction

Folks

Worked on a web introduction over the last hour. Any thoughts or ideas?

Congratulations - You are now a Qualifed CMI or MVI

Welcome to the world of master home inspectors. If you have made the ranks of a veteran or master inspector you should be proud of yourself. You should be proud of your service and should be proud of the product you provide to every client.

As our industry matures, the need for different levels of home inspector qualifications becomes more and more relevant. Every association works harder and harder to bring in new blood, as they say, but does nothing to either motivate or enhance the level of experienced inspectors in their membership. Most veteran inspectors as a result fall by the way side, only hear from their association when they receive their annual renewal invoice.

Many associations and their leaders scratch their heads as to why there is a huge lack of interest, among their members. It only takes a few years. New inspectors kick and scream in heavily dominated markets where 250 inspections are the minimum, only to change their tune after they have made the ranks. The same inspectors after a few years look back and again wonder why are the new and just qualified 250 number inspectors charging the same of them. The five year itch, ten year itch or worse yet the twenty year itch, kicks in and the inspector tries to exit the industry, only to realize the difficulty of exiting.

No one has stopped to ask why the associations commitment to its members is no different that that of an employers to its employees.

Try to keep an employee motivated at the same wage for three, four or five years! See how much commitment and dedication they will offer their employer. Try as an employer to have no employee incentives and see how much innovation will occur within your company. Try as an employer to have no recognition whatsoever and see what kid of progress will be experienced. Try as an employer to ask senior employees to train new employees, and pay them the same and see what the result is.

On the other hand, try, with proven techniques to motivate, recognize or entice the same employees and the results are immeasurable

As inspectors devoted to associations, we are no different. We lose interest in the membership after a while and everyone wonders why? The wheel keeps turning, as newer inspectors take over where veterans leave or stay on the sidelines. Veteran inspectors have no interest in constantly mentoring their competition when in real terms the level of inspections conducted by the same is no where near the level of the senior inspector, nor will it be for some years to come.

And here we are again, back at the part of the wheel where you fall off or are not motivated to move higher. Yes the higher standards are the certified veteran inspector and certified master inspector.

Customers will seek out value based services. Customers will pay higher fees for these services and will not hesitate. Inspectors will figure out how to sell value based services and will adjust their business accordingly. Master inspectors will work less, charge more and will benefit from an appreciated net worth. Master inspectors will move to systems based company and plan exit strategies as they come closer to retirement or passing on their interest. This is the training that master inspectors should not only seek but demand of their association.

Again, part of marketing your business involves re-inventing yourself every year, enjoy the trip, additional recognition and wealth that will come in due course. You are now a Certified Master Inspector.

Ten days after Mike Rowan accepted Nick’s offer to run the CMI program as president of the MCIB, Inspection Depot, on 11/30/06, published the following in a book that it provides to home buyers and sellers:

Publishing this on 11/30 and then soliciting suggestions for how the program should be run a week later in a variety of threads certainly appears to be an attempt of manipulation…

What else has been implemented and is being put before the public while he hides in the dark?

And look at what he has to say about NACHI in the same brochure…

Hey, Rowan. Did you let Hoopy write this?

Or how about this, from Meddlin’ Mike?

Now, Mike…please…rejoin the discussions you initiated and tell us more about your “peer review” program led by Hoopy.

James

Wish I could give Jeff credit for this but unfortunately I can not. Excuse the grammar as it was written by an under qualified Irish man!

This book was first published over two years ago, under “The Home Inspection Guide” and was offered to Nick and NACHI, but at the time, collateral material was not the direction NACHI was going. We started the master inspector network and much more over the last year. Like I said this was something we have been working on for a long time.

I refuse to wait and let licensing in Florida take hold and swallow every inspector in our area and let fees go out of control that it will be almost impossible to run a business. We are in the education business. This is the realtor education side!

Hope you like the read.

Michael

PS every association is covered in the questions. What ever the inspector is registered as is listed. Each inspector’s preference!

How much do these inspectors currently pay you to be listed in this brochure, Mike?

James

I was going to say “Probable more than you make in a month as you never seem to be off the computer!!” but that may come across as me reducing myself or tying to be smart, when in reality I am only joking!

Michael

Funny, joke, Mike.

Do you do this for free, then?

[quote=mrowan]
Folks

Take a hike.

James

I’m off to bed. I will let you ponder over that question. I would be happy to go to St Louis and start you off with 20,000 copies. Maybe Rick over there at ABA/Landam might be a good candidate for you to work with in St Louis on this!

Michael

In the event of a flu epidemic resulting in a severe shortage of toilet paper, I may take you up on that. As of now, you should keep trying to pawn them off on Joe Burkeson.:wink:

John

Thank you for your feedback. You are right, no body provides for their members like NACHI does, but this is a mark that NACHI does not want to get involved in, or at least until changes take place, so this introduction was not geared towards NACHI as an association. I will make the edits accordingly.

Thanks

Michael

It was nice of John to provide you with his advice, free, in order to help you lure customers for your advertising campaign.

How much do you charge for this listing, again?

John

If you would, lets please keep this thread cordial and professional. Lets find other ways to express our self without lowering the tone to that of an unprofessional character, that really I know you are not.

Thanks

M

A minute ago, you thanked him for the same post. What goes?

Wait. I think I know…

Hey, John? Do you plan to buy an ad in Hoopy and Rowan’s brochure?

Your listed definition of CMI is info that was not even in existence
two years ago. You have made a slight of hand to divert from the
truth… you have updated your current issue to reflect the changes
to CMI you set in motion… even before coming to this forum about
it. You came to this forum with an agenda that was already
being published. You pretended that you did’nt. Your not looking
for new ideas… you have already started publishing your ideas.

You tried to pretend that you were not sure how things would turn
out and led Nick to believe that current CMI requirements would
not change. Nick would like to keep his promises to those CMI
members he gave his word to.

You avoided the issue, like you do so well. You published instructions
for people… on what to ask for when looking for an inspector. You
tell them to look at other associations but not NACHI. It is in
the client instruction part of the book.

Its like a dishonest Realtor who gives a list of inspectors to a
client and then tells them… “here is the one I like the best”. Its
clever but makes you look just dishonest.

You selected Hoopy for his views. He hats NACHI.
Please tell us what your real plans are.

We have already proven that you have an agenda by your post
and in your own publication about CMI. It is not what Nick
told us and you left him with the wrong understanding. I know
you have read his post… but will not address the issue.

Please don’t bore us with more web page hype.
Talk like a man.

[/size][/FONT]

Are there actually idiots here who believe this nonsense?

The most important part of marketing your business is finding other sources of inspection “types”; not changing your title to master, which means absolutely nothing.

It’s important to the guy selling advertising in his brochure.:wink:

Funny part is, with no past history or record of success, this looks to me like it is turning out to be little more than an Inspection Depot concierge program.

Yes, that is very true Jim.

I think if you look in the archives on the old board, that is exactly what I said this program would turn to.

And it did.

Your listed definition of CMI is info that was not even in existence
two years ago. You have made a slight of hand to divert from the
truth… you have updated your current issue to reflect the changes
to CMI you set in motion… even before coming to this forum about
it. You came to this forum with an agenda that was already
being published. You pretended that you did’nt. Your not looking
for new ideas… you have already started publishing your ideas.

You tried to pretend that you were not sure how things would turn
out and led Nick to believe that current CMI requirements would
not change. Nick would like to keep his promises to those CMI
members he gave his word to.

You avoided the issue, like you do so well. You published instructions
for people… on what to ask for when looking for an inspector. You
tell them to look at other associations but not NACHI. It is in
the client instruction part of the book.

Its like a dishonest Realtor who gives a list of inspectors to a
client and then tells them… “here is the one I like the best”. Its
clever but makes you look dishonest. You list NACHI one
one page (along with many on the list), but then you endorse
the ones you really like in your client instruction page.

Now I understand why you like Hoopy.

You selected Hoopy for his views. He hates NACHI.
Please tell us what your real plans are.

We have already proven that you have an agenda by your post
and in your own publication about CMI. It is not what Nick
told us and you left him with the wrong understanding. I know
you have read his post… but will not address the issue.

Please don’t bore us with more web page hype.
Talk like a man.

As a member of FABI, you support licensing. Are you concerned that licensing will lower fees in Florida as it has in other states? If so, why would you support it…?

Folks

Your are taking offense of your own NACHI membership requirements, which I would add most of the inspectors in the manual are listed as, as being too low compared to other associations on the listing, but continue to argue and fight for a lower bar CMI or possible changes to the existing CMI to make it more credible?

I am lost! Is this not the whole point of taking CMI to a marketable level to so other veterans of the industry outside NACI would be willing to become interested?

What is more, this is not a CMI publication, but a master inspector network publication. CMI is only one of the designations included.

James, some under the discount section of the forum I posted my stand on licensing. Look for threads on our report upload and you will find it.

As far as not listing candidates our goal was to not even recognize them. Maybe we will list them as first on the list of the next edition.

Michael