Code Course At 2007 Convention

Roy

I never told any of you that you were not qualified or knowledgeable enough to come to Florida. So yes I did take offense to the remark.

Mr Bell

Why don’t you take it off line if it is personal between you and me?

email at richard@rlbinspections.com

This is not a G Bell - R Bennett issue - this is a HI - Code issue and instruction on same

— Put this one on your plate – New construction clear code violation – Building inspector has signed off – not an issue for the home in any respect

Do you report it?? If so why?? the BI has all ready signed off and it is not a structural of safety issue

As far as my tail going to Canada at that time is another issue

I was chopping ice off antennas on ships in the north Atlantic when you were still in your moms arms

My 4 wheel drive 1972 Ford PU was not to impress the local girls but to plow snow and to get to my clients. My 4wd blazer that my service mgr drove every day was so he could go on service calls when the snow and ice was the word of the day.

Down here in Florida I spend more time inside than outside – The heat is something that I have not gotten use to yet. The longer I stay in it the more I can take it.

Mr Bell - I have not started a chapter so I have something to put on my business card or website. I assume that your second chapter that you have started is doing well with its new leader

When the requirements to start or keep a NACHI chapter in existence have the following requirements:

1. Bylaws
  2. Elected officers
  3. Membership of say 15 plus members to start and keep
  4. Regular meetings like something like 4 a year etc

We will be going up hill for all HI’s

We have leadership in this area with some NACHI chapters right now and it will spread

Chapters are not to improve the president and a selected few forward but to move all members of the chapter forward. (BTW I think Nick and I do not agree on this subject.) AND this is another subject for a different thread

Now back to the subject at hand – Code or no Code and why at an INTERNATIONAL NACHI convention in Canada? And do you personally feel comfortable teaching it based on your code background??

Greg – you are a very good instructor and meeting leader and trust me I know because I are one. Subject matter knowledge is something that I can not judge because I have little knowledge of code. (yes I know how to use the book)

If this instructing of code is something that you want to do as a profession OK. Teaching is a good profession Jay See (JC) was one of the best instructors of all times – It is an honorable profession. DO IT –

Just don’t try to sell something to us that is your agenda for teaching and not the HI agenda of need

Sorry to put all this on the public line but some how you have been requesting my comments for some time.

1. Based on the Central Florida chapter that I wanted to get fired up after you backed out and I could not get anything that resembled a membership list from anyone
  2. Based on your resigning of your chapter leadership and trying to get me to step up to the plate when I live out of the area
  3. Based on your desire for me to instruct on how to check out telephone and cable TV wiring as part of a HI inspection when it is TWO WIRES from point A to B that needs no instruction (yes I did say that I would do it and did not so point well taken – but is there a real need in any ones mind but mine??)

So lets kick it up a level —

If we are doing something for ourself as a vendor say so - No problem

If we are doing something for HI’s - DO IT. $20,000 a weekend for a mold course in Orlando last year is not for HI’s – it is a fundraiser for one person and I can’t prove it - (I do hope the people involved will post something about my out of town math) That is a vendor

Look at it this way – most HI vendors make $$ from HIs based on our long term success not the new kid just off the boat.

The days of spending many $$ for day of instruction are over – It is just not cost effective for knowledge gained –

The days of large National Conventions is also on the decline in many areas (so sell your stock in convention companies)

Look at the general convention business decline with many trade associations

Greg

Just back off a little and look where you and HI’s are going - Don’t put blinders on -

Stay loose

And you know my email address

Have a good day

rlb

Richard you are the one that keeps bringing it up. If you want to take it off line you have my address.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
It looks to me that you missed what I said sorry .
Offense to what remark?
Roy

Sorry Roy

I wasn’t referring to any remark that you made. I was speaking of the post by Raymond Wand.

It really is no big deal, I can find other things to do with my time. Like I said earlier good luck with your event and I think I will just stay out of the Canadian forum.

Joe

I agree with you that all of us should keep our eyes open for opportunities.

I do not know how you can credit me with the above in site. I think I thank you but somehow it see a knife coming my way to the target on my back – (DUCK)

Greg

Why did your start a international incident. You now have created a position in NACHI for Director of International Relations Repair (DOIRR)

Please think before you post

Now we have an international problem

Thanks

rlb

It is not a Canadian Forum it is open to all to help every home inspector.
It says Canadian on the top I know but that is because many things are slightly different here and it would be completely confusing to me and many others if it was to complete intermingled .
As i said lets sit on it and see how many from THE USA wish for a US code .
Lots of time to plan and change our thoughts and ideas.
I remember In Florida one class was changed minutes before the course was to start.
Thats the beauty of Home Inspectors we constantly have the ability to see things and look again a change our thoughts .
\ Roy Cooke

Greg

My post on this thread #7 did not address you at all in any respect - it was on the a different subject

If you feel that I am the one bring things up against you and for some reason you think it is personal against you I apologize.

Look at it this way – Why you?? In reality I don’t know you and we are not competitors so why would I be on your tail from a personal level??

Or maybe you have done some things that I think have been not in the best interest of HI’s that were in reality for Greg – (BTW Nick told me to do the same thing the day I signed up for NACHI membership - it is just not my way way of doing business and I do see the marketing side of the fence)

Greg - For goodness sake do what you enjoy as a profession and if you come up with a good idea to make $$ even if it is off HI’s go for it.

Just do not try to sell us snake oil and do not get on someones tail for agreeing with you on you being a vendor - vendors are not bad. Without them we would not have a lot of the things that we have here at NACHI

rlb

Greg,

My post was not meant to offend you but rather to point out that if some of these folks want a code course then the best source is someone from the actual source, that being the Ontario Building Code Officer.

There is a lot more things in common in both codes then there are differences. Each province has local conditions that cause the code to be modified and I’m sure the same is the case in the US.
The People that do the National Building Code have a group that works toward standardization of the code between both countries.
I believe that both codes should be presented and the differences explained.
I suspect that you would be surprised how little difference there is.
Weather or not you quote the code in your report is your business but knowledge of the code will not hurt you.