Column damage

From what I could tell it was galvanized corner bead

TA DAAAA…

they suck and always rust out…Well almost always.

Might consider cutting the gutter back to just under the high soffit also when repairs are done.

I can tell you for sure that the wood frame boxes above the columns are totally destroyed…

Wayne said he was too busy to attend COA Orl which included Mark Cramer’s Hard Coat Stucco Class.

Mark is extremely well educated while common sense practical as well.

When he tells me it’s Christmas in July I hang my stocking.

Be smart and do what it takes to attend and listen to his presentations.

When I tell you never use galvanized beads you better take heed…Dammit :smiley:

The second they get scratched by a trowel they start to rust. Plastic or zinc only options :slight_smile:

Mike is correct about this. When the laborers drag them on the ground, the same thing happens.

http://www.clarkdietrich.com/products/zinc-corner-casing-beads/1a-zinc-expanded-corner-bead

I do what I can ,what can I say? sometimes sucks to be me huh?:mrgreen:

If you always do what you always did you will always get what you always got…

Most of the time.

Learning something new will help you grow and be better, unless you are satisfied where you are at.

You can not coast up hill.

Even if you are leading the pack you will get past if you stand still.

John, if that is directed at me just let me say this, I have the highest level of respect for you. Having said that you don’t know me , where I have been and what I have done or going to do. I always have goals, hold many educational certificates and are a vet. Please do not preach to me about being something or not learning something. Country don’t mean dumb so next time maybe I will have time to attend the circle jerk of your choosing.

Well it was not meant just for you nor was it meant to be insulting. It was meant to remind everyone that we don’t know what we don’t know.

You call it a circle jerk, I call it learning from other inspectors. It always helps me to get out of the day to day, and makes me remember those items I listed above(same reason why I come here).
I have no idea what you why you mention “country”.

Your comments do remind me why I spend less time here and more times with inspectors live. Written communication is not a detailed or quick as in person verbal and non-verbal.