Coming soon: Florida version of Now That You've Had a Home Inspection book.

Less snow and ice, more wind mit and 4 point.

www.nachi.org/now.htm FL version coming soon.

The title of the new book will be:
“Now That You’ve Had a Home Inspection in Florida”*

Thanks Nick, looking forward to it.

Sounds familiar

Great idea…Thanks Nick and John. You guys Rock!

Wish I would have thought of it…too slow I guess.

When are they going to be available?
I was going to order another box, but now I’ll wait on the Florida version.

John S. is going to email me and give me his thoughts as to what he wants out and what he wants added, but Kate is already laying out the book.

So if you have any suggestions for the FL version, post them here please.

Great ideas and thoughts don’t count if they just swirl around in your head, you gotta get them to me to act on.

Retrofitting gable ends.
That come to mind first.

Roofing systems do not last as long because of high UV.
Gutter and drainage systems, because of the heavy rains

Good man for the job. I knew he would take the lead on it.

Sinkhole myths and facts. Cracking evaluations, etc.

Will there be a chapter on how to buy a house, not spend a dime doing any maintenance or updating on it in 50 years, then sell it? Just asking…

Nick as soon as you send me the latest version I will get to work on it(with input for others).

“The Florida Homeowners Manual”

“Florida Home Inspections…A thru Z”

Nice idea for Florida Nick. Thank you and John S both.

Bert

Howdy, Members –

While we’re working on revisions to the Florida “Now” book and discussing the contributions you’ve made so far in this thread, we’ve added the following three sections, and we’d appreciate your feedback on them:

Wind Mitigation Inspection
Wind mitigation is a strategy designed to limit the amount of wind damage inflicted on a structure. Many insurance companies offer incentives to homeowners, such as premium discounts and rebates, for implementing specific enhancements to protect their homes. And if you’ve already made certain improvements, a Wind Mitigation Inspection can provide the verification you need to receive credits and discounts on your homeowners insurance, as well as make sure that your home’s structure and windows are sound and can withstand severe winds.

4-Point Inspection
Many insurance companies require a 4-Point Inspection for homeowners insurance and renewals for an existing policy on an older home. The “four points” covered in this limited inspection include the four vital systems of the home: the roof, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. This inspection identifies their components, determines their age, and assesses their overall condition.

Post-Disaster Inspection
Being a homeowner means occasionally facing a variety of predictable as well as unexpected events that can put your property and your family’s safety at risk. Hurricanes and flooding (and even human-caused disasters) can strike too close to home. Whether you choose to evacuate and return home after receiving the all-clear, or you stay put and wait out the catastrophe, it’s crucial that you have your inspector perform a Post-Disaster Inspection so that s/he can check for any damage to your home’s structure, systems and components, as well identify any safety hazards that could threaten your family’s health and welfare.

Thanks!

Have it conform to the Florida SOP.

We should have a copy of the SOP in there also

And for south Florida a Spanglish version…LoL

You don’t have to be from South Florida to need the Spanish version. I need them here in the Heartland too. All exposed components to a home are damaged by UV rays. Plumbing, HVAC, Roof, Electrical Panels, Exterior wall protection like paint & stucco fade , vinyl siding and the rapid deterioration of a mobile home. Mobile home parks with on site water plants,sewer systems. Older Mobile homes that may have PB and outdated panels.

Except for State Farm which wants a mini home inspection!