Coming soon: Hands-on, mock inspections on actual homes and buildings.

NACHI, the king of inspection education.

King, or may I call you Nick, have you got a picture of the “King” at ITA with his crown on?:smiley:

Mike Crowe has one of me in my King hat. If anyone knows Mike, ask him to email to us.

Know what would be great to do with these mock inspections?
Record them and air clips of them on NACHI.TV

It would be like the Internet verison of a ride-along.

plus- longer verisons could be availible for members or for purchase

NACHI already has saturation in all 50 states, so these could also be done state\area specific with local NACHI HIs; just think of the marketing potential.

just a thought

Yes…

And tape different inspectors doing these inspections…then let us decide who we want to watch doing the inspection :wink:

Or not watch.

For new inspectors in NY State becoming licensed, they are required to perform 40 hours of supervised inspections, either with a licensed home inspector or through a school under a licensed home inspector selected by the school. (AKA: Module 5) We have had over 100 people go through this Module 5 40 hour training to date and it has been quite successful. It is much more involved than classroom training alone, and actually requires the student to submit a complete inspection which is reviewed and analyzed.

Len Ungar has been to date selected as our Module 5 Licensed Home Inspector to supervise each student in the actual homes they are inspecting. The students love it, and when they graduate, they have actually been in 10+ homes over 40 hours of inspection time, plus an addition 15-25 hours of writing and submitting the report to the school.

Overall, this type of training works! It should be everywhere!