ComInspect Network Member logo released today.

Jim writes:

I don’t figure that it doesn’t. Where do you see me saying that it doesn’t?

It feels like that old game show where the contestants wear masks and ask the mystery guest questions til they find out who he is.

Is this just another Association branch of NACHI , much like CMI was?

Then it DOES put your business (performed by “network members”) in direct competition with NACHI members (who are not “network members”) for commercial business.

No. InterNACHI members are already in competition with the other local InterNACHI members. This is news to you?

LOL. You’re good.

No, this time…it is your company, Cominspect, that will be in competition with NACHI members who choose not to be in your network, but prefer to work on their own. Right?

Dale writes:

Anybody know what this network, or anything about this Cominspect is since Nick won’t answer me?

I understand it to be like this…cominspect is a company that will provide benefits (marketing, insurance, legal, etc) to inspectors who agree to work for it as “network members” and who agree to use Nick’s Comsop.

Payment for the inspection goes through Nick to the inspector, but he says the inspector gets the full amount of the fee that he set for the inspection…so it is unclear where the Cominspect costs are paid from.

Sorry Dale, too busy making Jim laugh. Here is the latest update: www.nachi.org/cominspect.htm

Jim. thank you.

I do not see any benefit in it as posted, but it might help someone who does not know anything about commercial inspections I guess.

OK Nick…thanks.

Jim has decided to weirdly make much of the fact that InterNACHI members who use this tool are in competition with members who don’t.

As if InterNACHI members aren’t already in competition with other local members.

As if InterNACHI members who sign up for www.OverSeeIt.com (all InterNACHI members BTW) aren’t in competition with members who don’t.

As if InterNACHI members who add ancillary services using www.nachi.org/ancillary.htm (all InterNACHI members BTW) aren’t in competition with members who don’t.

As if InterNACHI members who use the www.MoveInCertified.com program for seller inspections (all InterNACHI members BTW) aren’t in competition with members who don’t.

As if InterNACHI members who join www.IAC2.org (all InterNACHI members BTW) aren’t in competition with members who don’t.

I don’t mind Jim pointing out the obvious, but I can’t stand it when he points out the over-obvious.

Gosh…that’s a frightening thought. A company designed to find jobs for guys who do “not know anything about commercial inspections”.:shock:

Seriously, it bothers me to see NACHi compete against its own members.

I know that, technically, we are not really a home inspection association…just a brokerage for vendor discounts…but there is something very exploitive when the corporation alleged to help you advance in your business says “work for me or compete against me, your choice”. The marketing resources certainly favor the brokerage…er…association.

Is Cominspect a not-for-profit company?

I would need to know more about this before I could comment I guess, but it does sound a little fishy.

Nick, is Cominspect a for-profit company?

Yes.

As is the company that owns www.FetchReport.com that provides free report uploading services to all InterNACHI members.

As is the company that owns www.NACHI.TV which provides free education to all InterNACHI members.

As is the company that owns Inspector’s Quarterly www.nachi.org/iqfall2008.htm which is free to all InterNACHI members.

As is the company that owns www.InspectorPAGES.com that provides free websites and free hosting forever to all InterNACHI members… a real profit center for me personally :smiley: :wink: .

Jim you sure like those uphill climbs, don’t ya?

First one in IL. I clicked at OverSeeIt is no longer a member, but is still showing Nachi Logos and advertising Move In Certified.

http://www.fivestarpi.com/

Get me his name and I’ll have him deleted.

Thanks, I sent you the info.

So…if you do not withhold any of the money from the inspection, how does Cominspect provide marketing, legal and insurance help to “network members” and make a profit?