Commercial Inspection Agreement SNAFU

Programming guys still having trouble with the Commercial Inspection Agreement, I see. The quotation marks and apostrophes are still replaced with question marks throughout the form. Thanks in advance.

What is your question?

To reiterate: Why the Question Marks, Mysterions?

Because the programming guys still having trouble with the Commercial Inspection Agreement. LOL!

1 Like

Yep! It must not have been in their 2020 job description. Like everything else, you can blame it on COVID. And blame COVID on Trump. :joy:

1 Like

You shouldn’t be blaming anything on anybody. That contract leaves much to be desired. Just from a format point of view I can only get it down to three pages. My feeling about contracts is they should be printed hard copy. One for you, one for the client. Towards that end they should be no longer than two pages (one page front and back. Signatures occur on the front bottom and you should use NCR paper to print (single signature comes out on both copies). Takes a little juggling to make that happen. You do have a word processor?

Commercial Property Inspection Agreement Blank.pdf (117.2 KB)

Thanks, Bob! I’ll look that over on the PC. I couldn’t get the PDF file to open with Acrobat just now on mobile.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention again, David. InterNACHI’s Tech Department will take a look and try to get it resolved!

1 Like

In the mean time, just go into templates and then edit. You can correct those errors yourself, then save.

Mmmmmm. Not my job.

If your self-employed it is all your job! Every letter of every report, contract, email, tax return, slogan, advertisement. . . Every breathe you take! Won’t last with that attitude.

3 Likes

This often happens when people “paste” text from Microsoft Word into another application.

Word auto-magically creates smart quotes (double-quotes angled forward or backward) when you type double-quotes to “look snazzy.” Many systems don’t know what to do with these special characters and render unknown characters as a question marks.

(NOTE: You can see that this message board also does that when you look at paste and look snazzy above and programming error below. If you paste text from here into another application you may experience the same thing.)

This could be considered a “programming error” if you believe every software system should be able to accept every input another system generates or that every program should follow the gospel according to Microsoft.

This could be considered an input problem for attempting to input data the system is not designed to accept.

Regardless, its a QA issue for someone not to proof-read and see that this has occurred.

1 Like

I’m a home inspector and a commercial property inspector, not a computer clerk or programmer. I took the time to generate this post so that others would know that it’s happening on their Agreements too, in case they didn’t notice. And I put it here to be sure that Maggie and others would take note and fix the problem. I didn’t post it to get a lot of negativity. And no, I don’t want to have to edit the agreements for typos and glitches ad infinitum.

1 Like

You would have your Clients sign the middle of your contract?

You may want to confirm with a lawyer about this practice, especially since there is nothing on the first page indicating that there is a second page of the contract.

D.Range: You may want to read something before you comment on it. The two lines at the midpoint of the document are not for signing. They are for the notation of additional inspection procedures to be performed.

1 Like

Tut tut… Follow “you’re” own advice to proofread, Bob. And I think you mean every BREATH you take. :monkey:

2 Likes

Are you sure?

Where would the Clients sign for items 4 through 9?

It’s a digital document, to be signed at the bottom online. Just like Perry Mason taught us to do on paper.

I did what you said and read “his post” before commenting on it.

Robert states that the legal document should be a HARD copy, only two pages long and signed at the bottom of the front (first) page.

Did I read it wrong?